Class Specific Back Transmog Ideas

What do you all think about having Class Specific back transmog appearances we can obtain in Shadowlands? Something not unlike class specific mounts in Legion.

I shared this idea for Priest here…
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-priest-class-changes/490697/765?u=aneurysm-nerzhul

But I wanted to branch out and see if others like the idea of class specific back attachments and what sorts of ideas would you like to see that goes / fits with your class?

Here is my take…

Death Knight = Gargoyle / dead Frost drake wings and/or Assortment of bones / skulls?
Demon Hunter = Demonic wings / shaped like a a pair of glaives perhaps?
Druid = Bird Wings / flowers?
Hunter = Poncho? assortment of traps and ranged/ melee weapon? (At a loss of idea for this one really)
Mage = Elemental wings (Ice / Fire / Arcane)?
Monk = Wispy / misty wings?
Paladin = Holy wings similar to Avenging wrath? (This one is difficult since they already have wings with that cooldown).
Priest = Spectral Wings (Malthael from D3)
Rogue = Batman wings from the Rogue legendary daggers from Cata?
Shaman = Crackling lightning wings?
Warlock = Fel green wings?
Warrior = Dragon wings or Thinking various assortments of cool weapon types like polearm / sword / axe / mace and shield that are bulging / protruding / floating on your back. Perhaps you can customize each transmog of each weapon type?

1 Like

That’s a lot of wings!

The idea of warrior I also thought over like being able to mog your back to being a shield or weapon. Found a glitch that lets a two hander stay back there despite your set up and it’s really cool.

I would say locks getting Gul’dan’s back spikes but DHs took those too.

Yea the wings just look cool imo and makes it easy lol.

That is a cool idea. I am visualizing Gul’dan from the Movie with all those spikes and skulls etc from his back. That would look awesome!

Cool it with the wings. Wings are gaudy garbage.

Blizzard needs to too.

1 Like

Quiver. Or bandoliers for gun nuts.
give blizz plz

3 Likes

That’s why I am reaching out for others and their ideas.
I come from the standpoint of the Priest Angelic wings introduced back in Cata. So I am not in tune / in touch with the deep rooted themes of other classes and by extension I have basic surface level ideas for back attachments that are a bit more interesting then the normal cloaks we get.

So then besides the wings idea / trope, what suggestions do you offer?

Too bad you cant lay down / fight in wow lol. Otherwise I would suggest a ghillie suit lol

That would add a lot of flavor. I’d like it.

Blizz would corrupt that wish and it would be pink with butterflies or something.

Quiver for hunter. We have only been asking for it since they were removed from the game.

2 Likes

My concern with adding a quiver as a back attachment is then it would look odd with the legion weapon transmog right? Doesn’t that come with its own quiver on the back? Because then you would see 2 quivers and most likely stacked thus showing graphical clipping of the 2 quivers.

I think a quiver should be something hunters can show off. But should it come as part of a back attachment? or from the weapon?
I think it would look odd having a gun transmog but using a quiver etc.

Which is why I suggested a bandolier or could be an ammo pouch that like the bandolier is slung over the shoulder. Quiver was tied to a specific spec for hunter with the Legion weapon so that could be unlocked from that spec then that appearance and other new designs could be chosen independently for the back transmog.

I still just would like the toggle back that worked for head gear but this time I want hoods on our cloaks and you can toggle the hood up over your head or down to lay on your back.

2 Likes

Death Knight = same effect as frostwolf cloak, apply a winter chill effect in a small area near the dk
Demon Hunter = sometimes the wings wide open (similar to Wrathions trinket effect). Cannot occur while jumping or gliding
Druid = as it walk on earthly grounds drop seeds that turn into small flowers and birds, before glinting and fading
Hunter = Explosive bag (with dynamites and spike bombs, like the ones from depleted kyparium rocket back)
Mage = summon arcane portals, opening and small critters (such as rabbits and raccoons) jumping out and shortly jumping back, closing the portal
Monk = leaving greenie copies while running that fade shortly after
Paladin = light spot from the sky, illuminating the pally from behind (like sun rays)
Priest = light wings (holy and disc) and void tentacles (shadow) glimmering and fading after
Rogue = magical concealing cloak (can’t see rogue when looking from behind, translucent)
Shaman = binding crystal of the preferred elemental
Warlock = souls escaping animation
Warrior = Banner of the race with chained skulls hanging

2 Likes

Lots of cool unique and interesting ideas.

Blizzard can really go wild imo. Not only just class specific but then perhaps racial specific. Though, I think they would add the racial ones with the heritage armor sets in addition to the much needed racial weapon transmogs hopefully.

SO dont use it with that weapon. It isnt like we are asking for forced looks. If you use your legion weapon (as i do) then just dont use the quiver appearance.

Now, if youre using the legion gun, an ammo bag would work nicely.

There actually is a weapon with the same appearance as the legion bow, but without a quiver.

I like Runeforger’s idea for Monk, " Monk = leaving greenie copies while running that fade shortly after." I’ve always really liked the Consortium’s animations when their models move.

For Shaman, the Highmountain War Harness was a really cool implement. I’d like to see something similar to that but maybe more race-specific? Not sure, just think it’s neat!

1 Like

I dont want any flowers but the idea is nice (for other people). I can imagine a span of different types of flowers that splay out in a wing-like shape behind the character. Not a cape though. Eh, I’d draw it up but I feel lazy.

I hide the back.

1 Like

for the most part I do as well
NO HOOD NO CLOAK
idk not mad just would be nice

No offense but sounds incredibly stupid with everyone running around with different types of wings on their backs like this is a Halloween party.

Better animation on it would help as well.

1 Like

Kyrian has angel wings
Necrolords has bone wings
Night Fae has butterfly/moth wings
Venthyr has blades in the shape that resembles wings

So I think your concern is already in the game.
My idea is to just grant more options since we are already heading down this path.

You are not forced to use them, but the capability will be available for everyone already.