Class Dragon Mounts

Hey guys! In anticipation for Dragonflight, I thought I’d pitch a fun topic and discuss some Dragon-Mount Ideas! :partying_face:

How would you feel about Dragon Mounts - Such as Dragons that have an aesthetic that fit towards your class?

Like for instance, for pallies - a large protodrake with large holy-runed plates armoured around it? Or for priests having Naaru shards garnished on each side of it that change to either holy, void or one of each side depending what spec you’re in and so forth? (I know Warriors and Death Knights already have theirs from ‘Legion’ in a sense, but you get my drift lol) :yum:

What do you think the Dragon would look like, or be decorated with - to suit the aesthetic & feature of your class? :grin:

That aside, Galakrond was the original “Death” dragon so something based off of him might be cool.

1 Like

“Looks at Class Mount from Legion”

Please not another Protodrake :frowning:

I do love this idea though OP…maybe what they should consider is giving Legion Class mounts the Dragonflight mechanics.

Netherdrake would be my vote for Shadow Priests or maybe have a Priest Netherdrake that shifts back and fourth from holy energy to shadow.

I am still disappointed with my class “not-a” mount from legion.

However, from what I understand, your dragon riding dragon is supposed to be customizable and you can altar the looks. That sounds cool in theory.

I did mention that guys :yum:

Ahaha :joy:

Oooh you gave me a cool idea though!! - A Dragon for warriors, and a protodrake for Death Knights!! :partying_face:

Yeah I understand that, I mean aside from the Dragon-Riding Dragon you get - If you got to have a Class Dragon - How would you like it designed? :grin:

Like the Tangled Dreamweaver in the Heroic Dragonflight game order.

Perhaps a Proto-drake variant of that? That’d be pretty cool for druid :open_mouth:

Personally I was thinking of a fluffy version of a Dragon for druid - with antlers and druidic lunar runes on its shoulders. lol

I don’t really like the protodrake models at all. They are too angular and don’t have enough polygons to be usable. I am sure they will fix this but won’t be sold until I see an updated model.

Though to be honest, I probably wouldn’t use them as a mount. The only mount I use regularly is the yak. That is to sell junk items and update my transmog.

And yet you’re annoyed you didn’t get a mount in Legion? O_0
Fair enough though I suppose.

The fluffy dragon I reckon would’ve been cool, lol

I am annoyed that it doesn’t count towards mount collections like other class mounts.

A mythical dragon worthy of ancient legends and related to the knights of light.

You got me there.

That was my issue with the Priest Order-Hall mounts :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: - Lore wise it’s three mounts, but in game it’s just one that changes colour depending on your spec. :rage:

:thinking: Personally I would had also liked a toggle on my DK to change the colour of the Dragon in other specs - I like playing Unholy spec but love the red (Blood) colour because it kinda also reflects the undead dragon was that of the Red Dragonflight.

1 Like

Druids should get Korialstrasz.

Rationale:
Krasus (Korialstrasz) found out that he’s going to G’hanir for all eternity when he dies, after visiting G’hanir and hearing this directly from Aviana.

Korialstrasz died in a Cataclysm novel. Presumedly his soul goes to G’hanir.

G’hanir was destroyed when Aviana died.

Druids have the last remaining branch of G’hanir as an artifact weapon.

Thus, all PC druids have Krasus in a stick.

I like this idea a lot. A holy dragon would be awesome.

Hmm Idk about that. I’d rather Korialstrasz be revived. It’d feel weird having such a potent & vital character as a mount - It’d be like riding Varian, or Thrall.

Yeah, I feel it’d be neat. :grin: