Clarification on Gated Loot Progression in MC

In the Itemization in WoW Classic blue post, we received some information saying loot would be added into Classic based on when the items were originally added to the game back in 05-06. The example given was:

But that leaves us with some items that were added in between major “Phase” patches. Example, In patch 1.4 The Call to War, the epic Hunter and Priest items were added to the loot table in Majordomo’s chest, this is also the patch when the Honor system was added to the game.

Example 2, in patch 1.5 Battlegrounds, items like Cauterizing Band, Mana Igniting Cord and Ring of Spell Power were added to the MC loot tables, this is also the patch when AV and WSG were added to the game.

Can we then assume that all items that were added to the MC loot table in patches 1.3/1.4 will be added to the MC loot table in Phase 2 and all items that were originally added to the MC loot table in patch 1.5 will be added to the MC loot table in Phase 3? Is that a safe assumption?

TLDR: 1.4 MC loot added in phase 2 and 1.5 MC loot added in phase 3?

p.s. Pattern: Core Felcloth Bag was added in 1.12 so us Warlocks will have to wait till Phase 6 for it to be added to the MC loot table.

4 Likes

This is what I would assume.

2 Likes

I hope they do stagger the loot as much as possible. It’ll mean there’s a small trickle of possible upgrades for classes added throughout the mid patches. Then we’re not just hanging out for world bosses added or something similar.

Edit: It would make sense that priest and hunter weaps were added in phase two. Since that’s when you could get the 100% drop on the eye and sinew

1 Like

Items Added in Patch = Content patch

Patch 0.3.4-1.2.4 = CP1
Patch 1.3.0-1.4.4 = CP2
Patch 1.5.0-1.6.2 = CP3
Patch 1.7.0-1.8.4 = CP4
Patch 1.9.0-1.10.2 = CP5
Patch 1.11.0-1.12.3 = CP6

2 Likes

I thought it was one or the other, never both. (Each kill)

Eye drops from Kazzak and the Sinew from Azuregos.

Yeah, one from each domo kill (eye of divinity or leaf), but the eye of shadow was 100% from kazzak and the sinew was from azuregos

I would love to see Blizzard confirm this. One part of my brain is thinking they will only phase gate dungeon loot but that would be a shame.

This is very interesting. I don’t think any other instance had its loot table changed as much as MC did during the course of vanilla. I feel like we need a spread sheet or a blue post to specifically address MC in relation to the proposed phases. Without bene or rhok on the loot table there aren’t really weapon upgrades in MC for either of those two classes which is a shame.

Hey Krack I assume you have seen Ion’s tweet on this issue–

Not a confirmation by any stretch (“I’d expect…”), but I would say this is the best information we have at the moment.

1 Like

I did miss that one, thank you.
That might be the closest to confirmation we will get.

1 Like

They will certainly let us know shortly after launch at the latest.

That, or we will find out based on tracking drops in MC lol.

1 Like

MC is a little tricky though, as some of the loot that was “added” was because T2 was removed. So if they have that gear removed but not the replacement stuff added in you get a very empty and sad loot table for the beginning of classic.

1 Like

This is true, based purely off what happened we should get T2 in MC from the start but I realllllllly don’t see that happening.

Were they removed in 1.4? or 1.5?

1 Like

They were taken out in 1.4. There was just a lot that changed in MC over the first major patches. I mean eventually it will all sort itself regardless and adding items back in does give incentive to still raid the place after it has been farmed. I’m not sure what would be best I just like to know what to expect is all.

Because I can’t see them having T2 in MC other than the legs from Rag I think they will/should have the 1.4 items in from the start (since they “replaced” T2) but add in the 1.5 items in with BWL.

I think gating 1.5 MC items until the release of BWL is a weird line to take.

Its inline with the AV and WSG release that were also from 1.5

I get the logic of it… 1.5 and 1.6 into the same bin.

It just seems to me that 1.5 came out before 1.6 – and with BWL in 1.6 it seems AV, WSG, and 1.5 MC items should be available to toons prior to BWL release on classic.

The sky isnt falling, it’s just sort of awkward.