Clarification about Advertising

I recently received a silence for posting about a stream in general chat(I am not here to debate or argue it). In the response from the appeal this statement was made:

Advertising is only allowed in specific channels, and is not permitted in General channels as was the case here.

So my question is this, does this mean that players are allowed to post about their streams in the trade(advertising) channel because that is 100% how this reads to me. Just want to make sure I am following the rules.

That is talking about carries for gold and is specific to that article.

The Trade (Services) chat channel is used for searching and advertising services like raiding, dungeons, or PvP activities,

Blizzard does not allow any advertising of third party sites on their platforms for any reason. Not social media sites, not streams, not T-shirt sales or girl scout cookies.

8 Likes

Then why would they make that statement it makes no sense.

I have no idea why the GMs do what they do or have the templates they have.

Advertising your stream, website, social media, etc. has never been allowed though.

5 Likes

I believe the statement would refer to those kinds of advertisements that can be done within the game, like for dungeons and raid runs, etc… Not external sites and streams.

7 Likes

Thank you for the response, I would suggest if this is a statement made in an automated message that it should be clarified as to ensure the players understands that because as it reads it is confusing,