Church of the Holy Light sub-divisions

What other light worshiping organizations are connected to the Church of the Holy Light?

I remember there being mentions of the scarlet crusade still having active ties to the church. What about the Argent Dawn/Crusade?

Are the Knights of the Silver Hand considered the militant arm of the Church? (at least the members who have active ties to the Alliance, maybe not Draenei).

From my memory, there used to be a few smaller branches.

The Brotherhood of Northsire in Stormwind, the Knights of the Silver Hand in Lordaeron before it was dissolved. I’d hazard a guess that unless the human nation specifically had a different faith than the Light (like Kul’Tirans and their Tidesages), then each nation had their own little sect of the Church.

I’d say following the Third War and the Old Alliance collapse that there aren’t that many organizations left that are connected to the Church. Northshire is still around, but I think that was it. The Silver Hand may have rejoined the overall church after the start of the Fourth War but by this point I’d consider them to be more or less allies to the Church than it’s military arm.

1 Like

Considering how in the Church District of Stormwind you still have the Argent HQ nearby and inside the Church you still have paladins recruiting and training new knights. It appears the Silver Hand is still active at least the Stormwind branch and Ironforge as well. Neither were dissolved in the Third or Fourth Wars.

I suspect after the Legion War the Silver Hand original Alliance soldiers remained within the faction while the Horde aligned formally severed their ties when the Blood Knights and Sunwalkers left to return to the Horde on the onset of the Fourth War.

I believe the Church hasn’t even adopted a new archbishop to replace Benedictus since Cataclysm. The only minor additions is that Lightforged Draenei get praised and Void Elves get shown the cold shoulder. It’s a shame that the Conclave couldn’t be merged and become the new unifying hierarchy within the Light/Shadow religions as priests joined together during the Legion War and they above all would want to join their parishioners in common worship, but the Light and Shadow worshippers don’t have any new revelations or anything. After Legion events it appears the Holy Light Church divisions are never addressed.

Alonsus Faol their former Archbishop should be elevated to formal role within the Church and as a way to show that the Light worshippers can move past their hatreds of undeath and fears to show respect and love to their former great leader.

I actually wish they elaborated on this.

Same with Natalie Seline.

Like does Alonsus consider himself Archbishop of Lordaeron? Does the Archdiocese of Stormwind recognize him again now that they know he’s alive? Is there a schism in the Church where the Archbishop of Stormwind has declared Archbsihop Alonsus excommunicated and anathema by bell, book and candle, so the Forsaken Church of the Holy Light is excommunicated?

Is Natalie Seline a heretic? She taught that the Light and Shadow need balance at the end of the day; so is she a Priestess of the Church of Light of Lordaeron but Archbishop of the Cult of Forgotten Shadow of Lordaeron? Like a Dual-Rite Bishop?

Many questions.

1 Like

Exactly! In the BFA book Genn Greymane and Turalyon meet Alonsus Faol at the Church facilitated meeting by Calia Menethil and Anduin Wrynn. So The Church has to know since their facility was used, but no formal opinion is given. We don’t even know who now leads the Church as the formal Archbishop. I would love to see Natalie Seline as another great addition to the Church and they can expand on the lore so much. Finally give my Discipline Priest something to hold onto, because Holy is always the flavor they favor and Shadow on occasion, but in the middle? Nothing.

1 Like

I’m imagining that there’s two rival Churches:

• Church of the Forgotten Shadow, with Natalie Seline as Archbishop, first among equals
  • Church of the Holy Light, that with the loss of Lordaeron, they “moved” the primary Archbishop to Stormwind

But the Living Church of the Holy Light do not recognize Alonsus and his Forsaken Church of the Holy Light

But they do recognize the Thalassian Church of the Holy Light

So Stormwind is in communion with Silvermoon and Silvermoon is in communion with Undercity/Lordaeron, but Stormwind is not in communion with Undercity.