Chrono Shift Removed in TWW Beta

This is the end.

16 Likes

Id like for them to bring back chronoshift and remove those useless amana generation passives.

7 Likes

How do they come to this kind of conclusion? Chrono Shift is a key component to Arcane’s viability as a spec in PvP and was critical for managing being in melee range for AoE in M+ in the past.

15 Likes

Super-easy fix is:

• Make Arcing Cleave baseline (as it should be).
  • Put Chrono Shift instead.

This way:

• Core AoE talent for Arcane would be baseline just like Flamestrike / Fuel the Fire is for Fire and Blizzard is for Frost.
  • Chrono Shift is easily accessible, but still optional for people who don’t want to take it (they can take Consortium’s Bauble instead).
13 Likes

Yup. Was dying to play the new arcane for pvp, as the class is fun. But that strips away some fun. It is not fun to constantly be trained down by braindead melee. At least in shuffle I can’t imagine this change being easy to deal with.

7 Likes

Yeah. Why isn’t this baked into Arcane Barrage?

4 Likes

Because as part of the talent tree revamp they broke up all the previously baseline features of ABarr into separate talent nodes to fill out the tree interface since they couldn’t come up with anything original. /sigh

6 Likes

Yea I pop back and forth sometimes between PVP and PVE and for PVP this was a big deal. For PVE, meh, don’t care. All in all, I’m still glad they are putting effort into arcane rework, says a lot.

1 Like

Losing Chrono shift kills arcane for me which is disappointing because I was looking forward to no longer needing a PHD and 120% of my brain power to play the spec.

12 Likes

Dear blizzard please bring back chrono shift!!

7 Likes

It’s honestly just FUN to be a mage with the zoomies. Maybe they’re removing it because evocation now has a speed bonus component? I’d trade that for chrono shift anyday.

It’s just so funny because literally no one complained about it as the reason why arcane did so well into melee.

Arcane is basically tracer from overwatch and now they’re nerfing it. :confused:

5 Likes

What speed bonus component? I am not seeing anything like that.

Couldn’t agree more dude, hopefully they reconsider and do something similar to your suggestion - Will be a big loss to Arcane if they stick to their guns.

3 Likes

Have you ever visited the PvP forums? Literally every single melee complained about it, despite them having near-infinite mobility (yes, even Demon Hunters of all classes, complained about chronoshift).

I will miss the talent.

3 Likes

out of all talents to remove, this one shouldn’t have been one of them.

/smh

Bringing back the trauma of losing Deep Freeze, and nerfing Dragon’s Breath from 20 to 45 sec.

Instead of having 50 million CC spells, we should just have a few ones that are powerful.

3 Likes

Not to mention our arch enemy Hunter is getting 1 extra CC, extra defensive and 2 heals

4 Likes

Y’all were having too much fun with Chrono Shift. You gotta keep the excitement to a minimum so the anti fun nerf hammer doesn’t notice you

4 Likes

Please restore Chrono Shift!

9 Likes

A week until prepatch and Chrono Shift still not restored :face_holding_back_tears: :cry: :sob:

4 Likes

I don’t play Mage anymore.
But Barrage + movement speed boost was so satisfying, I don’t ever want to experience Arcane Mage without it. So I guess that firmly cements Mage out of the picture for me in TWW. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like