Chromie time is it flexible?

So I was discussing on PTR forums about Survival hunter (bare with me I’ll get to point right away) , specifically about class redesign in legion and artifact weapon.
Many people ask for ranged SV to come back as 4th spec , but then we have legion and artifact weapon.

Legion as we known introduced artifact weapon for every spec, and they abandoned them prior next expansion . So adding a new class would be almost impossible. I said almost because there is a small little gnome who can alter time.

So how flexible is her power to alter time? If they decide to add new class with new artifact weapons , and as excuse use chromite time , then why wouldn’t we go back and prevent chains of reaction caused by Arthas, maybe prevent Sylvanas death.

Did blizzard locked themself from adding new class? I don’t think community would like to get a new class without artifact weapons.

What are you opinions on this?

You asked a few different, unrelated things there, but I’ll try to answer.
If a new class is added, I don’t see them going back to old expansions to make artifacts since their traits and abilities have been deactivated, they are essentially just stat sticks. It would be a lot of work for what just be weapon skins. Just like tier sets from old expansions, just something the new class won’t have.

As for Chromie; Chromie time is a game mechanic, there’s not a constant flow of adventures going back in time relive events like they are tourists, there’s usually a purpose to the ‘canonical’ time travel, which is stopping someone else from messing with the timeline. Which answers your other question, what happens is supposed to happen. There already has been some handwaving explanation that if things don’t happen a specific way, it’s going to be a lot worse.

1 Like

That’s an easy fix. Such characters are simply locked out of legion. You simply level your character from 10-50 in BFA and then it’s on track. Zip, Squiddle, Done.

As far as ranged survival…they could simply be allowed to use one of the existing Hunter artifact ranged weapons. Transmog allows artifact weapon appearances to be unlocked from spec.

1 Like

New classes could be added for any number of reasons.

The perfect example would be the Tinker class.

• Now that time has passed, and Mechagon has a new ruler. A new goblin/vulpera or gnome/mecha-gnome/dwarf class has been introduced into the Horde and Alliance.

There could be any number or reasons to add a new race or class, portals opening, shadowlands races, etc…

As for a 4th spec, these could be added into the game with a major patch. This would probably be seen with a huge renovation to the game to draw in more players.

Think of something similar to thee Vanilla Cinematic

"Four years have past since the shattering of the Veil…"

Talent trees have been slimmed down into 2 options per row, instead of 3.
Talents have now been adjusted and spread across a new 4th spec for all classes.

Paladin:

• Holy
  • Protection
  • Retribution
  • Templar (2h and a Shield)

Warrior:

• Gladiator (new protection)
  • Arms
  • Fury
  • Battlemaster (Using two 1h weapons, this spec utilize melee and mid range attacks)

Death Knight:

• Pestilence (Unholy)
  • Frostknight
  • Bloodknight
  • Necromancer (Raising multiple ghouls)

Shaman:

• Ele
  • Enchancement
  • Restro
  • Earth Warden (New shaman Tanking class)

Hunter:

• Marksman
  • Beast Master
  • Survival (Mid range “old survival”)
  • Javelin (Melee polearm/staff “current survival”)

Rouge:

• Assassin
  • Combat
  • Sub
  • Poison Master (Smoke bombs, poison bombs, etc)

Demon Hunter:

• Havoc
  • Vengeance
  • Stalker (D3 Demon Hunter - Fel barrage, fel arrow, etc)

Monk:

• Brewmaster
  • Windwalker
  • Mistweaver
  • Shado-pan (Trap and shadow clones)

Druid:

• Resto
  • Guardian
  • Boomkin
  • Wearbear

Priest:

• Ranger (Tyrande style bow and arrow healer)
  • Holy
  • Disc
  • Shadow

Mage:

• Fire
  • Frost
  • Arcane
  • Lightning

Warlock:

• Demo
  • Destro
  • Affliction
  • Fellord (Range/demon Tanking spec)

Man there is some toughs behind it , but blizzard will never ever do something like this.

They simply wanted to add depth to every spec so it’s different from other spec.

Some said and I agree SV hunter was just MM hunter , and instead of hard hitting AS they had explosive shot

P.S

And not to mention how much imbalance would be there with all these extra specs. They can’t balance right now imagine adding 9-10 more specs :grin::grin::grin: that would destroy WoW , not kill it , I mean destroy it

That would be the easy way to do it but I wouldn’t say that all of Legion need to be locked out, just the Class Halls and all related quests.

I’m not sure of what the point of ranged survival is when we have Marksman though. Blizzard certainly isn’t goig to create a spec that lets hunters use range AND melee.

They wanted to give SV hunter meaning. Because it was MM hunter 2.0