Chromie Time fixed

youre free to not play it guy. no one really cares either way what you do.

yeah…but you have to lock at 49…The second you hit 50 you cant go back and stay in CT

I think many of us though that was going to be the case. 50 was old content max…51-60 would be SLs.
Who knows what blizz is thinking most of the time, lol

Right, XP would stop at 50, like I said.

I meant if we wanted to TW through old xpacs even after we reached max level.

(And SL borrowed power only will work in SL content. Ugh.)

My big concern with the auto kick at level 50 is, what if you are in a dungeon and someone dings 50, do they get kicked. If so, what if you are a tank or healer, or if you are in the middle of a pack or boss fight and boom, tank or healer gets kicked, that would be a wipe most likely.

I think this thread speaks for itself:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-dont-force-us-out-of-chromie-time-timewalking-journey/617686

It’s pretty much the only popular thread on the PTR forums and many people have expressed their opinion there. You don’t even really need to look at the number of likes it has to know if people want a change.

A Wowhead post was even made about that thread specifically:

yes. so you have to lock at 49 currently. unless they fix that too.

and therein lies the idiocy of how they did this, lol and why Ive been screaming about it for weeks.

So OP All expac crafted gear for twinks?

As an side, I want to post this here so others are aware.

I still wish they made it just give an option to cap you at 50, but I like that you can do it at all when capped.

I believe I just ran into a major bug, but not sure if I am just missing something.
I disabled my experience at 54 on the beta just to see if that impacted the topic of Chromie time. It didnt. I didnt expect it to, no worries.

Now when I return to Slatz or whatever, he does not offer me the ability to turn EXP back on.
Is that not how you are supposed to turn it back on?

Otherwise this is a MAJOR bug so just wanted everyone to know about it. My character is essentially useless now, so if this goes live its going to cause a meltdown.

This makes my day. Thank you for sharing !

That’s nice. Can you change the formatting to [quote] [/quote] so we can actually read it without having to scroll sideways?

I hope they fix it to where we can get to 50 and stop XP.

I know, for instance, the third relic slot on Legion artifacts opens at level 50. I think other old xpac endgame happens (Chromie time) at 50, so getting kicked out of CT at 50 means you miss out on endgame.

I know we could just lock XP at (for instance) 45 and exit CT, then experience Legion endgame. (Similar level thresholds for other xpacs.) But it’s an added step that should be unnecessary.

2 Likes

good job with it i like it , a good compromises

I wonder if that’s why they did it. :thinking:

I agree with you that there should be options. Just need to give them time to implement all of them, I guess. I’ve been waiting for something like this since they added level scaling in Legion. At least now, for an alt, I have the option to use or not use Chrome Time.

I wonder if twink raiding will be a thing.

I think ‘fixed’ is overstating it. Scotch-taped would be a better description IMHO.

I want to try it and see how end game content would work in Chrome Time. For an alt just leveling from 1-50, my understanding is it won’t hit any end game without locking EXP.

yeah…that is a pain. Much less of one since they fixed this, but still.

I was looking at having to run to the stinking Exp locker and Chromie EVERY SINGLE TIME I wanted to run dungeons for a while just to keep from levelign too fast.
Yeah…not interested in all that. I cant believe some players were in here defending this crap, lol.

but this is a huge improvement. Not sure why its taking this close to prepatch to get a clue, though

Even locking XP, you’d have to lock at 49 (not endgame) or 50 (not Chromie time).

Granted, they remove much of what makes endgame in old xpacs…

1 Like