Christie Golden has been laid off

It’s also a mistake on the editor who didn’t catch it. One mistake doesn’t mean that crapping on the lore is her thing.

1 Like

Do they even have editors any more? Cause I got the feeling, based on the story of BFA and Shadowlands especially that nobody bothered to check what the story team put out. Nobody there to say “wow this is so stupid”. So there might not have been an editor.

3 Likes

Eric Covington, a former dev, admitted in multiple tweets, that Blizzard writers can write whatever they want, and they don’t have anyone keeping them in check to make sure it fits a canon. Now this applies to the game itself. Books are probably a different story.

2 Likes

Most of those links don’t work, but yeah. Sounds about right.

Oh they were deleted, which I just noticed. Too bad.

2 Likes

You mean Baine Bloodhoof: Attorney at Law?

6 Likes

I believe they do now, with Maria Hamilton’s job basically being to ensure the world’s internal integrity, and then Metzen now serving to ensure larger creative direction integrity. She has not been overseeing that for very long though, given her jump up the ranks to an associate director has been a bit of a blitz.

1 Like

Like it or not that is an actual hook writers have done with undead characters. That they do have such a duality(see Laura Moon from American Gods) of being able to survive fatal attacks while being told to avoid taking warm baths(an actual scene from American Gods) because its liable to peel off their skin if they keep doing it.

It makes complete sense too. Not every forsaken is a super soldier capable of withstanding ridiculous amounts of damage. Of course there’s going to be fragile forsaken roaming about.

1 Like

She always said she wanted to write for the blood elf cast and I actually really liked most of her portrayals of the old high elf characters in Sylvanas. Shame they cut her loose before Midnight.

He’s partnered with Harvey Birdman.

They recently had a sit down on Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.

3 Likes