Christie Golden has been laid off

Not so if the people layed off don’t contribute to the company in a significant way and drain resources.

4 Likes

Miss out on… what?

The experience of losing a relationship while also grieving a dead family member?

lol.

Maybe we have two completely different ideas on what this hypothetical relationship is and what the breakup would look like.

Again, even if you aren’t romantically involved with the person doesn’t mean you need to just drop them.

Hence why they characterized it as ‘callous.’ They simply saw them as numbers, that’s it. Regardless of their relationship with the company.

I guess in your scenario breaking up with them at the exact time someone close to them dies would somehow be better ‘in the grand scheme of things.’ But let’s be honest, in the moment that would add to an already bad situation, with really no purpose if they didn’t just… wait a while to do it.

I’m not talking months here, man.

What are you? Activision’s PR spokesman? Get the boot out of your mouth.

1 Like

In the case of her being fired? Finding a new career path for starters.

2 Likes

Lol soo much horse sheet been said here.

First! Its called empathy, its not a waste of time to be kind to someone you love or loved a while back, your life will not change in a month because you choose to be there to help someone you care.
Actually it will be ALOT easier to break up with someone AFTER the first bad situation is over or at least getting resolved internally by the one who suffered.

Second it varies on the situation, a family loss will always hit harder than a job loss or a broken bone or a match loss on league of legends, all those situations can lead to bad feelings like anger or self loathing. So it you as a responsible person would first check if the situation your partner is going through is " easy" enough to them to handle another situation combined.

But as I have seen here alot of you are either narcissists or never have engaged in a romantic relationship to know that things are not that black and white
" waste of my time" you must be such a terrible boy/girlfriend.

6 Likes

Wasn’t what I was talking about.

Regardless though, that’s stupid and you’re an idiot.

So this strange derailment about a hypothetical romantic relationship aside… the Post itself says that she was laid off before her relative died.

I am not sure why people are acting like because her relative died, events that occurred earlier in that day are wrong, somehow.

It is disgusting of her to try and combine the two. It appears to have worked.

I am not aware of her because of her family, I am not in a Forum about her family. I became aware of her because of her work on the Story.

I find it odd that people see the word “laid off” and support her with some anti corporate platitudes. If she was just out right fired, people would not be white knighting for her so much.

I am glad she is gone. Her saccharine style was lame. It can’t be worse.

11 Likes

She wasn’t talking about Blizzard.

She was talking about her personal experience, which incorporates both.

This wasn’t a political statement, she was just telling people what happened in her life.

3 Likes

Brotherman she made a personal post on twitter explaining her situation what the hell are you talking about

1 Like

So am I. Let us hope that the future of wow lore will finally get past the drama we have been facing since BFA.

6 Likes

lol it won’t, thinking one writer exiting will change anything is delusional.

War Crimes was abysmal. That, and she preached about “toxic masculinity” and creating Anduin in the image she wants her son to be as a man… it’s like… lady, get over yourself. We all didn’t sign up to watch you raise Anduin like your imaginary child.

10 Likes

Given that in your previous post you pointed out something that was in the first sentence of her twitter statement, it doesn’t surprise me that literacy isn’t your strong suit.

War Crimes was ok, good for a Warcraft book. Though none of the books are exactly good.

You people really do make her out to be the Wicked Witch of the Writers Room, don’t you.

There’s nothing wrong with this.

That wasn’t what she was doing.

She was writing a character that tackled themes she found interesting/important, which is what every writer does.

2 Likes

I thought Shadows Rising and Shadows of the Horde were good. Maybe because I like Trolls. But the writers took it seriously.

Golden’s work dripped with saccharine attempts at charm. Like when she wrote that Genn had a tail. A complete lack of care about the lore to push her delusions - it sums up her work.

4 Likes

No but she is not the only one, alot of the makers of bfa and shadowlands are gone. And she was no mere writer she was with the " head lore council" who decided what was canon, what goes into the game and stuff so yeah she going out will change alot cuz someone took her place and it will change wow for good or ill but it will change.

2 Likes

Tf do these two things have to do with each other at all.

She has a better understanding of the lore than you ever will or pretend to have.

The lore also doesn’t matter, a Worgen with a tail literally means nothing.

I think I get it now. You freaks of nature hate her because she’s exactly like all of you. It finally makes sense.

Anyway, like what books you like. I’m sure I can find someone else to talk to for their opinions on that with opinions that have made it past the Obama administration.

I’m someone who looks at things rationally and don’t let emotions get in the way of how I view things in the short term.

2 Likes

The world isn’t exactly overflowing with paying opportunities for fantasy writers.