Chris Metzen coming back!

No writer is perfect. He’s had a lot more wins than losses however

5 Likes

I mean it’s pretty easy to do a retcon here.

Helm of Dominance wasn’t broken. The entire events of Shadowlands never happened because all the events we witnessed together as a collective was a mind warp done by Bolvar to prevent anyone from accessing the true powers of undeath. We had a collective mind wipe, and we go on our way like Star Trek Voyager.

It was already shared by Blizzard. Sigh

yes, let’s do exactly that. Hating on other faction players is fun and story woldn’t be so predictable.

No one ever would predict that Jaina could genocide half of Dalaran, only faction war can create this situation. Horde players still remember camp Taurajo, never forgotten never forgiven.

1 Like

Ysera: (waves hands) it was all a dream…

2 Likes

I would have loved if the opening of what would be the post-SL expansion had been a rehash of the Nzoth fight, but turns out that HE WON and we just thought we won, and all of SL was a fever dream, and instead of DF we got a “Rise of the Black Empire” expansion.

Mysterious stranger style:

You perceive, now, that these things are all impossible except in a dream. You perceive that they are pure and puerile insanities, the silly creations of an imagination that is not conscious of its freaks—in a word, that they are a dream, and you the maker of it. The dream-marks are all present; you should have recognized them earlier.

1 Like

Get him in the recording booth to voice Thrall! The orcs need their leader.

Was it good before? It was mediocre then turned to sludge soup

I read this with the voice of Ronan in my head

He’s been voicing Thrall the entire time.

2 Likes

Because, y’know, no one figured they’d lose Teldrassil to a walking corpse either, but y’know, that catastrophe still happened. And then Horde lost Undercity! Wow, what fun!

If Horde and Alliance go back to war, then they better do it in a strictly PvP sense and decouple the races from the factions, allow them to be sane and join a neutral PvE group that allows all races to work together.

4 Likes

The hardest pill for some people to swallow on these forums.

1 Like

Yes, but sparingly. Shadow Lands was supposed to be a return, and he did very little. Orcs have no racial leader at all currently. Cataclysm was a long time ago, it’s okay to bring Thrall back to the center stage.

1 Like

Neat, can’t wait to see what mythos WoW will steal from next.

TBC, Wrath, Cata, and WoD all had dodgy stories. For some reason, Metzen thought Richard Knaack was a good writer. Metzen actually has a lot of baggage.

But he loves this world. And I haven’t felt that passion from the current writing team. Even in Dragonflight, the story is okay in that’s it not purposely pissing me off. But I don’t feel like it was written by someone who had a passion for this story.

1 Like

This is the best WoW news in a long long time!

I :heart: Metzen!

2 Likes

I imagine he likes it because it is actually moving back into older wow story direction. However, Metzen is much better at bigger picture story tell and arguably character storytelling than most of the people working at Blizzard atm. They’ve gotten better and seem to finally be admitting the parts they aren’t very good at but Metzen is the guy you want around to kind of shadow and direct people. He is really good at taking a collective work to the next level instead of just having a bunch of individual well-written stories being thrown around and not properly melding them together

So the big thing from this is those big moment cinematics will probably have a lot more going on in them than the current writers are capable of putting together

That to me is enough, clearly one of the O.G. writers of this universe that has captivated millions coming back to add ideas going forward is angood thing.

I’m all for upgraded storylines to be honest. I think a lot of the sidequests have better story than they’ve had in a long time.

There was at least 2 or 3 that I found somewhat compelling.

That was true back in the day… but that was for silly reasons like punching deathwing in the face

99.9% of the story is bland
Predictable And follows every trope I’ve seen a 100 times already

Wrath, most of cata, mop had a plot a build up an actual theme that everyone was connected to and helped draw you into the big baddie.
Right now DF like SL the main tier villain is like a filler bosses they had to put in so there would be something.
I would take the drake make it back seat no body and would have went with the drake revives a corrupted tyr.
Whats one more titan between friends.