Chris Metzen coming back!

That would be nice.

The odd thing about Metzen is that he voices the games most famous Shaman, and plays a Paladin.

So you think they hired him to retcon SL lore and to keep the game from going back there?

1 Like

You picked one weaker story to the entire universe we play in

1 Like

Advisor means Advisor.

He’s not coming back. He’s just part of the idea club.

4 Likes

And then Thalyssra would never be seen again except to pop out a kid or two. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Tell me you don’t know anything about the game industry without telling me you don’t know anything about the game industry.

Can’t wait to see the forums if things don’t improve after his return lol

“Metzen has gone woke, WoW is dead!”

5 Likes

It’s only dead because writing team is garbage. Get a good writers and give me “A little hatred”

4 Likes

This is great news.

Welcome back, Chris.

3 Likes

I guess you have the inside scoop on whether he is a contracted advisor or an actual employee in charge of things.

Go ahead, tell us.

1 Like

What is said publicly and what is said privately are rarely the same thing.

5 Likes

No, nor does it matter since the title is pretty clear in its purpose. Work alongside the creative director to have a collaborative overall experience in one of the only holdouts of top-down design remaining in the industry.

Probably to actually help with the storyboard/arc designs, not much you can do about a giant retcon of 25+yrs of lore boiled down to jailer did it.

Right now DF barely has no direction or any build up, I have no real reason or meaningful connection as to why I should care about the evil elemental dragon.

Do you? ,The major villain for this is expan so far is a back burner at best.

1 Like

Metzen has written some garbage. I can’t ever forgive him for WoD’s entire plot.

But he clearly loves this world and the characters…and I think that’s something that has been missing from Blizz’s leadership team.

11 Likes

Maybe he’ll retcon the Shadowlands nonsense somehow and we can forget it existed with the whole “lol titans are really the bad guys, see?” story we’re clearly pushing towards

1 Like

No writer puts out only bangers. Even King has some hot garbage out on the market.

1 Like

He didnt write wod he only signed off on it.

1 Like

Yes, let’s go back to the boring stalemate of ‘Alliance Bad! No, Horde Bad!’ that can never evolve or grow because it would involve an entire half of the playerbase being written into being defeated by the other half.

6 Likes