Choosing Between Warmode and Moon Guard?

Heya guys!

I was just curious to see how many other people were a bit frustrated with having to choose between Warmode (yes, yes, I know, not everybody likes it but I enjoy it) and being apart of the larger MG population? Every time I turn it on I feel like I’m choosing to isolate myself from the server to enjoy world content I like.

Which sucks too because I love stumbling into random player-generated events throughout the world which happens significantly less with WM on.

2 Likes

That’s the consequence of War Mode. You can find random events and the like with War Mode on, but you toggle War Mode on with a purpose. Most of everyone who has War Mode on is looking for fights and want the extra rewards that come with War Mode being active.

If you’re looking for RP or want to see those events, keep it off.

2 Likes

It’s called, World of Warcraft, did you get confused while picking flowers?

Don’t hate on my flower picking! They’re put to good use!

3 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately. Its just frustrating to have to pick between enjoying the server I chose to play on and the style of world content I enjoy. I don’t suppose there’s a way to see everyone on the non-WM side of things while still engaging in the murderfest that is WM? I mean, in the sense of tech Blizz is developing.

Nah. I like to Warmode out there and rp in the streets

The thing about Warmode is that you only see people with Warmode on…and this is by design as it keeps those who consent to PvP together like an old PvP server. By allowing non WM flagged players be brought into WM defeats the purpose of the system entirely and is no different from the old way of manually flagging your character.

Which if that’s what you want to do, just toggle it. They didn’t remove the old toggle system, they added Warmode as an alternative to allow people to switch between PvP and PvE server functionality.

2 Likes

Warmode and RP mode have a simple toggle, it’s not that inconvenient really. RP-PVP is overwhelmingly meh.

Really late, and I don’t know whether you made up your mind already, but I struggled with the same problem.

I’m someone who loves PvP, I love messing with and outright killing the Horde and I like to RP too (my character is a hardline Alliance ultranationalist), but since we’re isolated from literally everyone else it’s hard just to turn it on and go straight to fighting.

What you can do though is look in the group finder and join groups where the leader is from a realm where wpvp is really active (Sargeras, Stormrage, Tich, Thrall). Make friends with these people, have a great time stomping Horde, I made lots of btags joining random groups that were on the docks of Dazar’alor just camping Horde. We eventually died repeatedly but we made friends and I ended up getting more contacts to wpvp with!

There’s also wpvp communites out there like Ruin and Cryptid’s League, find them out in the world and join up their communities, if you ever feel like pvping just ask another person from another realm that you wanna’ join up and start **** with Horde in Mechagon or something. People will also report if they’re outnumbered and need reinforcements in chat so there’s always groups to join.

Point is, if you’re a pvper, like rp, and wanna’ do both, you can definitely enjoy it. I got Conqueror of Azeroth by just being on a RP server PvP shard so you can find good pvp too.

Also if you need a wpvp contact, someone to run BGs, roleplay, or do Mythic+ with add me to your friends list, I’m usually on late at night. I’m a boss hpally healer and the Horde just can’t kill me, especially when I got deep coral pods lol