Cheaters and No One Cares, At Blizzard It Seems

Indeed but the thing is there are other mmos out there that deals with bot users very quickly. Something just tells me that their anti-cheat detection system isn’t very good at all at doing its job. We all know that within a week of SL dropping there will be caravans of bots running around gathering and most of them will probably be doing it for weeks, maybe months before anything even happens. Then again even if they get removed a bunch new pops up.

Multiboxers and bot users aren’t necessarily the same thing. A bot user has no human player playing, it’s all automated. A multiboxer(that isn’t boting) is still a human playing all the characters through various means.

You’re absolutely :100: right. I don’t care.

1 Like

I’m not disagreeing with you because I have no knowledge on the subject but which mmo’s and how are they able to ban so quickly? What do you think prevents Blizz from banning as quickly? I haven’t looked into this much but I’m told FinalFantasy doesn’t have any addons, does that mean there’s little to no way for players to maniuplate the game? If so that could be a reason as wow has a great many ways for players to manipulate the game so that freedom may come at the cost of more difficult bot detection :man_shrugging: But again, I’m not a bot detection wizard or anything I’m just curious how other mmo’s do it more quickly than WoW. There must be a reason.

1 Like

All is fair in love, and war :rofl: These threads are hilarious. You guys whine, and complain this much irl?

I’ve been playing this game for 16 years and have had probably 100’s of interactions with boxers and bots. Thank you ever so much for the synopsis.

Afaik they still use warden(?) which is horrendous at detecting things like bots nowadays. It might have been good once in time but cheaters, of course, found ways to bypass it. I’d rather have stricter protection in a mmo to deal with cheaters than letting them go rampage in the game.

Nah. People who are still botting are trying to tell others they are paranoid. There is a big difference between player farming and player botting. Easy to spot. I don’t see a lot of them tho. Past 6 months I have seen about 4. Reported all of them.