Chat Spam from Addon

Listed are the addons I have active. I keep getting transaction notifications whenever I buy or get money, and notices like “you won an auction, you gained x talent”, and I want to disable it, but I can’t seem to figure out which one is doing it.

Gathermate
TotalRP
Bagnon
Immersion
Handynotes
Prat
Icehud
Itemrack
Mapster
Mollinari
Move Anything
Mute Sound Files
Basic Minimap
Bartender

I’d add a sceenie, but the forums are stupid about them…

It sounds more like standard chat messages. You can adjust which ones you/don’t get by right clicking the tab and select “Settings”.

The types of messages you want to filter will be listed under either “Chat” or “Other” (Achievement Announce or Money-Loot etc.)

I should have noted that the only “Other” chat channels I have on are pvp and “creature messages”, as for Chat tab channels I have achievements turned off, also yell, officer, guild announce, and voice chat transcribe are turned off.

Then I can only imagine it might be TotalRP doing custom sends to the chatframe (I’ve never used it). I’m pretty sure Prat doesn’t alter message filters. I’m also fairly sure that sort of thing is outside the scope of Immersion but…?

You can remove one or more addons temporarily to see if the messages disappear which would indicate that’s where the problem is.

1 Like

Apparently it’s something blizz snuck into vanilla because I turned off all my addons and I still got “you recieved x gold”. I tried it on 3 different characters just to check.

For the most part classic era mimics what vanilla was like including the UI but there should still be an option for currency or loot money or some such in the settings.

I’m playing on retail/shadowlands. I’ve checked all the settings, even the system, and there’s nothing that I can find that turns off the notifications.

I’ll get used to it I guess. Thanks for responding. :slight_smile:

I think some of those type of “yellow text” messages fall under system messages. (It’s really annoying as some loot stuff falls under loot categories, and some under system messages.)

1 Like