Chat Channel Text Issue

In chat channel text (peach color) does not appear while transitioning between zones and does not show conversations, nor does guild chat text become visible other than my posts (green). Guild chat player login sounds still occur as normal, but no yellow text appears.

Date of bug occurrence: April 3, 2021
Time of bug occurrence: 9:58 PM MDST/11:58 EDST
Server: Atiesh
Character: Tyeluna

Before this bug occurred the following things happened which led up to it.

1. Tyluna Entered queue for Arathi Basin Battleground in Ironforge.
  2. After 10 minute wait character hearthed to Astranaar.
  3. Moved character by hippogryph to Teldrassil.
  4. Character then proceeds to Dolanaar by foot.
  5. Character arrives in Dolanaar and stops at coords 54, 57.
  6. After 3-5 minutes, character sits down. 2-5 minutes pass, possibly more.
  7. Battleground opens up, I accept, character is still sitting down.
  8. Battleground never appears, though bg buffing sounds occur.

Before this bug occurred everything was normal. After it the text for chat has been invisible for zone transitioning and conversation. All other characters chat text is normal.
Please help.

Are you using any addons?

Have you run any scripts?

Have you changed any chat channel settings?

Are you able to confirm that general chat is enabled in the chat tab you’re expecting to see it by right clicking the tab, selecting settings and verifying that the chat you expect to see is toggled on (check box checked)?

I did test this by reloading without all of the addons and the effect was still the same, so I do not think any of the addons I have are responsible for the issue. I know nothing of running scripts, so maybe I should now learn how.

I did check the settings as you suggested, and I found the following boxes unchecked: Say, Yell, Guild Chat, Whisper, and Party.

I corrected them. I can chat again with my guildies, but my zone transitions and zone chat channels were still not appearing. I looked at the Global setting for those, and found them with several channel join buttons, and clicked them back on. The trade chat is working, and the General is working now, but when I travel between zones with this toon the chat box still does not show I have changed zone channels.

This is the first time I have set eyeballs on these settings, I never have bothered with changing them before, so I am now suspecting that I may have been hacked, but none of my gear or items in my bag or bank tabs are missing. I made a new password for my account just in case.

Thank you for the suggestions, they have helped.

1 Like