Chat Ban Not Lifting?

all chat bans should be permanent, let’s be real :expressionless:

2 Likes

I just had to relaunch the game :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Times are probably Blizzard time, which is PDT atm.

1 Like

Thats bull crap and you know it.

I’ve done my fair share of trolling in game, and I’ve never gotten a chat ban. To get a chat ban, you must have said some really egregious crap :expressionless:

1 Like

Not really - the chat bans are automated now (even though a blue post said they aren’t). You just need to be reported a bunch and you’ll get chat banned. I got chat banned in wrath for a week for posting an AV macro that was friendly.

I mean, I was sure someone would show up here and say that. I cant blame you for thinking it, but I assure you thats not the case. My advice is dont get into arguments with basement dwellers that own multiple accounts :stuck_out_tongue:

Something really egregious like looking for people for a raid happening on another day:

spamming macros is annoying. don’t do it :expressionless:

X.

Seriously.

2 Likes

people like this say unspeakable things and then act like it’s no big deal, because in their hyper online world these awful things get thrown around every day :expressionless:

I think that blue post was referrring to game bans, not chat bans.

Either way, I agree with you. I’m all for harsher punishments for repeat offenders (not first-time offenders), but the current system is 100% broken.

The fact that someone and their friends can deliberately report-spam to troll with little to no repercussions is outrageous. Both in-game and on these forums, actually. I’ve seen too many reasonably worded posts get flagged lately.

The ban system is 100% automated. There are literal discords where people can be thrown in with proof to be mass reported.

ok? that doesn’t dispute anything i said :expressionless:

oh, I don’t actually care what you said. Sorry

1 Like

you have a funny way of showing that, by replying to me and all :expressionless:

I miss you is why

1 Like

I got chat banned for a week for making a joke about the fact orcs and trolls couldnt enter brd after the last patch…the new system is idiotic and also blizzard wont reverese the chat ban no matter what…even though its an automated system that clearly can mess up

Not really since you can get reported for saying “Hello”.

I ran into the same when I upset a child on here. But Blizzard stuck true, and when my time was up, I had my chat back.