Characters Only AI Generated

Earlier today, someone made a thread asking GD how many LVL 70 characters they had. I went ahead and participated and listed who I got, then because I apparently have entirely too much time on my hands today, I went back to my reply and had some AI generated versions of my characters created, which I posted.

So then that got me the bright idea to do a side by side comparisons just for some grins and giggles, and a couple of the results did, in fact, result in some grins and giggles. So I thought I’d share.

AI Image Generator of choice was Bing Image Creator. It’s simple, free, and very accessible. So here they are:

For my Druid, Tanaralas:
Prompt: Create an image of a Worgen Druid with white fur and a black eyepatch over his right eye, make sure the other eye is yellow.

Result:
Imgur

Reaction: Okay! Not bad! We’re off to a good start, for the most part, I mean I am kinda getting dude in a furry suit vibes here, but still not bad. I especially like the brown fur shoulders, which I do mog, but I did not ask for. Nice touch. Next!

For Braehawk, My Mage:
Prompt: Create an image of a Worgen Mage with white fur and blue eyes.

Result:
Imgur

Reaction: Okay! Still not bad! Fur wasn’t quite right, but I can deal! Next!

For my Hunter, Aleister:
Prompt: Create a Worgen Hunter with Gray fur and yellow eyes.

Result:
Imgur

Reaction: Okay, robot, you’re losing me here. I mean, the fur color is close, but it seems as though you literally just stuck a Husky’s head on a dude’s body and called it a day. Could be better. I do wish we had that mog though! Next!

For my Rogue, Jaxsparrow:

Prompt: Create an image of a Worgen rogue with gray fur, and a red eyepatch over his right eye.

Result:
Imgur

Reaction: Not terrible! The fur is beginning to look like the robot was starting to daydream of Pandaren, but it’s okay. This one’s actually got me starting to wish we had more customization options, the pierced ear is a nice touch! Next!

For my Warrior, Loegan:

Prompt: Create an image of a Worgen Warrior. He should have Wolverine style claws as weapons. (I honestly didn’t know what else to tell it, and I was pretty sure the robot wouldn’t understand what the heck a Wiley’s Backscratcher was.)

Result:
Imgur

Reaction: Okay, robot, you went a little overboard with the whole Wolverine thing, but you know what? I actually kinda dig it! I’m also a little amused that the claw in the back actually looks more like what it does in game, I do know sometimes the robot can’t quite get that right.

And finally. In that thread I mentioned about LVL 70 characters, I gave my Dracthyr an honorable mention, even though he’s still only 69 3/4, I’m waiting to finish levelling him until 10.2.5 to go live because of the whole Soar thing. So just for the heck of it, I was curious to see what Bing’s robot artist would do.

Prompt: Create an image of a Drackthyr Evoker with blue scales and blue eyes.

Result:
Imgur

Reaction: BWAAHAHAHHHAAAAAHAHAAAHAAAHAAAA!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Okay, I know it’s not that funny, but…well yeah it is. I was rolling!!

So if you’re like me and have a little time on your hands, I recommend giving this a try. If you can post image links, I’d love to see the results.

Have a good weekend everyone!

30 Likes

That’s pretty impressive not gonna lie.

1 Like

Those are pretty good. :+1:

1 Like

1000% percent my reaction too. kek :dracthyr_crylaugh: :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

3 Likes

Nifty. But it is interesting how they never once had the posture of an actual worgen. Because the people who did the artwork that these AIs pilfer from make their worgen actually look cool.

Actually thats not fair. Your worgen all look very cool, OP. Fantastic transmogs.

1 Like

That dracthyr…I can’t. :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh, this a cool idea. Thanks for sharing OP.

Apparently AI doesn’t understand the concept of hair covering one eye, so had to take a few attempts.

It also gave me this one where there are no facial features other than the eyes and I’m not gonna lie, I really like it.

7 Likes

I can’t post images, in fact I think most of us can’t. Heck I can’t even post youtube videos.

Also not sure what the point of this is. You wanted AI to draw your characters? So this is really just another AI thread.

How long did yours take? I’m passing the 10 min mark. I didn’t know this existed. I don’t watch much news.

Took mine about a minute or less to finish each attempt, try reloading the page if it isn’t popping up.

Bing goes pretty hard.

And surprisingly for my other Dracthyr

…Actually turned out rather close. Just gotta be a bit particular with the prompts.

6 Likes

I can’t post pics, but here are the two best AI images for Abredith:

I tried to get her facial scars in the first one

https://i.imgur.com/v7bguWY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RH8U2Se.jpg

I think the second one’s a little better(and it even gave her a tail!).

3 Likes

Or just go buy a commission

3 Likes

Blood Elf warrior, Avaeris.

Couldn’t really get the high tail hairstyle she uses to come out right

And eating a cheeseburger because she was hungry after a raid and stopped at Burger King

She wasn’t wearing fireplume set when I made this

Hunter:

Mage

Kinda anime style based n my mage’s mogs. She’s not wearing it right now

6 Likes

I couldn’t help but notice the first five characters are worgen.

1 Like

The last one was hysterical. LOLing right along with you.

2 Likes

I tried this for my rogue and my priest, and while I like the one that I got for my rogue, it’s somehow not right.

Has no idea how to make a night elf look like a priest, and I’m pretty sure it just threw my request for Transcendence armor in the trash.

1 Like

Maybe stick with pictures without hands still, Bing.

Got me with the last picture :smile:

2 Likes

Pictures might be more accurate if you emphasize the Worgen has a hunchback.