Character upper body frozen / sound out of sync

For about 6 weeks now, my character’s upper body has been completely frozen and the sound is out of sync, rendering my character unplayable. I have re-installed the game and cleared my cache but nothing resolves this. Tech Support told me to post here to try to get a solution.

Are your graphics card drivers updated? I had to run an update driver on my Nvidia GTX 40 for something similar, it helped, but I also updated my Windows OS and my BIOS of my motherboard.

Thanks for the reply, but my graphics card and my drivers are all fully updated. This error is also only applying to one character.

A second character did get frozen in the same way, but that resolved on its own after an hour or so.

What GPU are we talking about?

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

I installed the game on a second computer and the issue is still there, so this indicates that it is not my hardware that is causing this.

Not too sure about that logic. Haven’t seen any other reports about this, and it could easily be caused by a connection desync between you and the server.

Is there a way to get Blizzard to actually look into this instead of wasting my time here? The issue is clearly on their end.

Ticket.

This is not a guaranteed contract point.

I did submit a ticket - they told me to post here!

As a fellow player I’m having a hard time imagining this without seeing it. It’s not keeping you from logging in completely? I wonder if maybe having the character die and resurrect might remove any hidden debuff.

Maybe make a bug report but include any pictures or video of this. If corse a full ui reset is going to be recommended. A reinstall doesn’t always mean a ui reset happened

1 Like

From the blue sticky posts

I understand that, but Blizzard support directly told me to post here. I’ve submitted two tickets and four bug reports and their best solution is to pass me off to the forums.

I know I won’t get any real solutions here, but I still need to go through the motions to try to get this escalated to someone who can actually resolve this.

If you have an alternate way of getting in contact with an actual support person, please let me know.

It sounds like you might be having a connection issue, possibly a desync with the game’s servers. I have occasionally seen the upper half of a character lock up when experiencing lag or slow load times, though usually casting a spell corrects that.

Try resetting your router, flushing and renewing DNS settings, and other connection troubleshooting steps. It is possible this is where your issue is. Unfortunately all I can do is speculate, but I hope that maybe this helps steer you in the right direction.

Thanks for your suggestion. I agree that it’s probably an issue with syncing with the servers. I’ve reset every device I have and cleared every cache I know of. I’ve even tried logging in on a different CPU on a different wifi network, but that one character is still frozen / out of sync.

At this point, I think my only hope is somehow getting the attention of a supervisor / manager in support and convincing them to look into this rather than continuing to pass me off to the forums.

You were likely directed to the Bug Report forum. They will respond there if they need more info from you.

Technical support is where you troubleshoot install and crash issues with other players. It is not a place to post bugs or be used as a means for connecting with game masters or customer support.

Try another network, like a phone tether.

1 Like

Is this only happening to a single character? You could try using the character unstuck feature to see if that helps, and if that doesn’t work, is it possible to get the character somewhere that it could be killed by an npc/fall damage? Anything that might reset the characters status could possibly fix it.

Yeah, I’ve tried all that. Still can’t get more than an automatic reply from tech support. I’m about ready to just cancel my account and move on from this game.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.