Character Screen Character Gear Flickering

On my character selection screen some of their gear is flickering black and then back to regular color, when I log into the game it doesn’t do this. Can someone explain this and tell how to fix the problem?

I would suggest posting in the Tech support forums as it sounds like a video card issue. Either overheating or drivers.

I also just started getting this problem this week.

I just started having the exact same problem a few days ago. No issue with the card with other games and no problem in game (except when I open the character screen there is also some flickering with shields and weapons). Was a solution to this problem ever found?

1 Like

Same thing here. Started flickering out of nowhere. No issue with the card itself.

I’m having a simmilar issue here, the helm starts flickering for no reason, my gpu is a gtx 1070ti so its a pretty good card, it doesnt do it in game though, only on the character screen.

This started happening to me yesterday; GTX 1050 ti with latest drivers. It is not happening right now, and what Nok said rang a bell.

I have folding@home running and when the flickering was happening it was using my GPU. Funny thing is, when folding@home uses my GPU the temperature never goes above 63C. But that’s when it was happening.

Also of note, newer gear doesn’t seem to do it, just heirlooms and one char’s lvl100 boosted gear – specifically, Warlock head, shoulders, and weapon.

Edit: also of note, I’ve had f@h running since January, though this issue only just presented itself last night.