Character not appearing in character list for changing character on the forums in the EU

I posted this on the EU forums over a week ago and got no reply so I’m posting it here.

Hello

I have been asking in a ticket about my character not appearing in the list to choose my posting character and received this reply.

This is Game Master XXXXXXXX. ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

I just got the chance to read over the follow ups about some ongoing issues with a character that still isn’t showing as available from the World of Warcraft forums. Given the circumstances and everything you’ve tried so far, the best option will be to submit a message on the customer support section of the forums so the appropriate forum moderators can investigate this further.

They then supply a link to the US forums Customer Support. I thought I’d try here first as this is where my character is, in the EU. I’ve tried everything I can from my end. Logging out, closing the browser, clearing cookies and saved passwords, using a different browser, even a different machine and on my phone too. It is 100% at your end.

EU89892746

I was wondering what can be done about it. The character is Dottie on Wrath Alliance Pyrewood Village EU. I used to post on it and it disappeared over a month ago, and have logged into it recently ingame and changed zones.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I know what the problem is, it’s having two realms with the same name. One for Classic Era and one for Classic Wrath and I can prove it.

Look at this post https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/unpopular-opinion-thread/437548/11 that is a link to a post I made from Dottie (70) on Pyrewood Village in Wrath but it is showing as Dottie (10) on Pyrewood Village on Era.

Look at this person who quoted my post and the image it uses. https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/unpopular-opinion-thread/437548/23

You can see a different profile picture in the quote to the one in the original post.

That will be $500 consulting fee please. Only kidding.

Edit: Also as you can see the list of posts in activity goes back further than back before the character was even created. https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/Dottie-pyrewood-village/activity

2 Likes

Unfortunately, there’s not a whole lot anyone can do to help make a character show up on the forums. This isn’t something that a GM can help out with either :frowning:

The only thing we can really suggest is that you report it as a bug in the Website Bug Report forum here:

Beyond that, make sure you actively use the character and that they’re level 10+. As long as you’re doing that, they should eventually show up as a character you can select unless this issue you’ve noticed is indeed preventing the character from showing up. In that case, you will need to wait for the forum software company to fix the issue.

1 Like

As I said, the forums cannot differentiate between Dottie-Pyrewood Village Era and Dottie-Pyrewood Village Wrath, all they see is Dottie-Pyrewood Village for both and that is a major bug.

This is not a new issue at all with regards to having characters with the same name on Classic Era and WotLK Classic. I’ve reported back in December (and it’s likely existed since before then), and the only solution I found to pressure the forum into pulling the character data from Wrath instead of Classic Era is to delete the Classic Era character.

This is Pharazon: here’s the one character I have that has the issue. This is the only character that still has the issue because the other characters were deleted on Classic Era. BTW, this character was one that I used the paid character copy thing they had to keep a copy on the Classic Era Bloodsail Buccaneers server; is the case the same with Dottie-Pyrewood Village? I’ve wondered if having used the paid copy is related to problem too. I’m not if anyone on staff ever responds to anything in the website bug report forum, so it’s probably either just going to be a waiting game to hope they can fix it at some random point in the future, or, as I said, deleting the Classic Era character seems to work though that’s not a fun option.