Character Name Pronunciation

Something to pass the time while waiting for the Server to come back up- so, how do you pronounce your Character’s Name?

Dúinsech is the original spelling, olde Irish, and is pronounced like: Doo-In-Sock.

2 Likes

A lot of people I meet call my character Day-gas or Day-gus, but as a French name the correct pronunciation is Doo-gah.

An odd name to give a Troll, I’m aware, but I plan on race-changing to a Nightborne if/when they finally open Shaman to all races and it’ll be much more fitting.

1 Like

An-adi-song or A-naughty-song. Either or work for me.

NOT Andy-song.

3 Likes

All of mine are pretty much pronounced as written - no need to use characters that are annoying to type.

Pretty easy pronunciation, Ann-reon.

:dracthyr_crylaugh:

2 Likes

Tay-hoon-toe

The number of times people have been like ‘Andy this’ or ‘Andy that’ or ‘Andy can you hear us? You’re not responding’ like read my character’s name lol or call me Ana or Adi or Song for short lol

1 Like

I don’t have any that aren’t fairly phonetic.

This one is Roh-ahk-ah

I have also have
Juggla: Juhg-la
Kumack: Koo-mack
Garlivan - Gar-lih-van
Lonerr - Loh-ner
Peltre - Pehl-tree
Kadense - Kay-dehns
Vaylah - Vay-lah

And a crap ton more lol

R-ah-she-Co
:slight_smile:

Makes me laugh because of all the “Andy this and Andy that” memes. Hah

Sucks to be confused by an Andy nowadays :sweat_smile:

1 Like

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/luxuria

1 Like

Bored. Dumb.

My other toons:

• Avaeris: People say “Avarice” and it bothers me. “A-vay-ris”
  • Acerglyn: An acerglyn is a mead made with honey and maple syrup. “Ace-er-glin”
  • Tsunzsu: Sun-Zhu, Sun-Zoo
  • Shocklates: The fact that people stumble over this disappoints me. It’s a play on “chocolates”. Shock-lates. Just like saying “chocolates” but “shock” instead of “choc”
  • Jenesaispas: It’s french. I couldn’t think of a name so I wrote “I don’t know” in french. “Je neh say pah”
3 Likes

Jay sea-ores

Mine is easy :dracthyr_lulmao:

For the longest time I went by Ixenn, which I pronounce ick-zen.
But I used to be in a Guild with a bunch of Scandavians back on EU and they would always pronounce it like eye-zen-nuh in their (to me anyways) high-pitched accents, which always put a smile on my face.

And for this name I pronounce it Gah-le-dron.

Yeah… haha…
I read it more like Caesars, but with a Jay not a See sound.

2 Likes

I’ve been mispronouncing people on here’s names for a long time now. Oh well, I can’t stop now!:beers:

Mine is Brav, as in have, and ik, as in sick.

2 Likes

Mine is tough. :slight_smile:

Ugh… Rock…

Ironically my wife is a geologist, so it wasn’t planned but is very fitting as that’s my response when she brings home a new rock to show me.

2 Likes

moondoggcryptic alien noises here that are unpronounceable e.

but i usually go by troll in some topics lol.

1 Like

Ash-her-Ru said quickly. But most people just tend to call me Ash.

Kaz-na-rock

Pretty simple for a rather simple guy.

Mine is easy to pronounce, thankfully. It will get Bohemian Rhapsody stuck in your head, however, according to my guildmates :dracthyr_lulmao:

1 Like