Character model controversy

The people who said they had a thing downloaded but didn’t use it.

1 Like

yea i’m dumb thought it was another thread

Haha, it’s cool.

I don’t use model modifiers.

But I get tempted to when, 10 years later, Blizz still hasn’t fixed stupid human ponytails going through helms :persevere:

3 Likes

The problem seems to be that Blizzard can’t really tell what you’re changing, just that you’re changing something. So they use the banhammer on everyone using the tool.

1 Like

Being banned for 6 months because you gave your night elf implants is hilarious.

Do the support people handling appeals have to discuss tiddy mods now?

1 Like

We’re the people who exploited the flask glitch that killed the flask economy ever punished? This seems minor in comparison

2 Likes

Technically the TOS is the warning. But the issue blizzard has with these third party programs is how they go about altering the game, even if it is just client side. It is a security threat and a breach of fair gameplay. Plus, I’ve seen these mods in use before. Never used em myself, that’s what Skyrim is for. But the mods do tell you that they are against blizzards TOS and they are use at your own risk. So, you have been warned officially by blizzard, as well as unofficially by the third parties. I do agree that the six months is a bit harsh, especially after the subscription mount deal was rereleased, but it’s blizzards game and they make the rules. You follow them or you don’t play.

1 Like

Yea I just felt like this was a very strange time for Blizz. to crack down on them. I mean they knew about them in legion and honestly they should started there when morale for the game was high. Cracking down on them now with all of the other hate the game has been receiving lately just feels odd to me >.>

1 Like

It is dumb because there’s nothing wrong with the human body, and only the player can see it. Literally affects no one.

But it is still breaking the rules to mod a game. Like if people can’t have addons that refuse certain realms to join their groups or mods that do harm, those types will whine about this. Blizzard can’t pick and choose.

3 Likes

Sure, looking at a bare butt while farmings herbs and ore is TOTALLY unfair to everyone else, isn’t it?

1 Like

Being able to alter one’s character appearance would be fun, but it is definitely not worth getting banned. Rule of thumb. Don’t break the TOS in the first place, even if you think it harms nobody!

4 Likes

I dont think its the tiddy mods that are the problem more so the security risk and the 3rd party software being used for cheating.

6 Likes

If it makes the market value of mats go down im cool with that

1 Like

Unless you are willing to pay the piper ^^

1 Like

Pretty sure they can…

4 Likes

This. If every single person decided to mod I sincerely doubt Blizzard would destroy their entire customer base just to “follow the rules”.

3 Likes

According to the TOS they can ban your account right now.

They reserve the right to take whatever actions against your account that they want to. For whatever reason they see fit. And they do not have to divulge the information to you. This is what you agree to in that giant bloated wall of text 99.9% of players never read.

So there’s no point in taking a Lawful Stupid approach and pointing at the TOS like it’s the end all be all. There’s a human element here and there’s a smart way to interpret things and a silly way to interpret things.

Coming up with a way to ban a large portion of a dwindling subscriber base, your most loyal subscribers (because they make ways to enjoy the game by contributing content to that game) isn’t a sound business choice. Just like how them banning you right now on a whim for an unstated reason also wouldn’t be a wise business choice.

The TOS is only there to cover them in case of a lawsuit when someone tries to sue them. Nothing more, nothing less.

7 Likes

I’m kinda hoping this will push Blizz to carve a path for JUST character and texture edits, like they already allow for sound files (you don’t need to do any kind of launcher or hex editing to the .exe to get sound mods to work, they just work), but that’s likely asking for too much.

So instead I can only hope this sparks internal discussions about the possibility of a “Blizzard Workshop” where content creators can make things like modified bodies and texture edits, to be vetted and sanctioned by Blizzard for inclusion into the game.

Hell, personally I think it’d be sweet if in addition to the choices we have in the character creation screen now, we had the ability to select from a number of bodies ranging from the default we have now, to super-skinny, to muscled, to curvaceous. Next best thing that could be done bar body sliders.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why someone would mod their game to give their characters huge :melon::melon: or a :hotdog:. Now I’ll never be able to look at another person in WoW wearing a skimpy mog again without wondering if they’re using that kind of mod to satisfy their perverse fantasies! :scream:

What little that remained of my innocence has been murdered on this day!

2 Likes