Character model controversy

There is nothing innocent or harmless about breaking the TOU.

It’s not a moral issue about whom it does or does not affect, it’s about breaking the house rules.

Welcome to adulthood.

2 Likes

again with the condescension because I disagree with you.

1 Like

What the hell are you talking about?

Honestly I just heard this is possible and am upset I never tried it! There are SO MANY issues with the in game character appearances that have us as players tired. Nightborne are such a huge disappointment for one example. Blizzard should just let players do this and allow programmers to fix their silly game.

2 Likes

We don’t have those type of developers in Blizzard’s industry. When was the last time Tauren got updates in their customization? I’m certain it take much time to add customization to face, skin and other character’s cosmetics.

2 Likes

Just posted:

1 Like

Right, they downloaded it but didn’t use it.

Just like people download bot software, but didn’t actually use it either

2 Likes

That, I’d understand. But just giving your human character purple hair or red toenails shouldn’t be a bannable offense. Especially if the only person who’d even see those things is you.

4 Likes

Blizzard should go with the add on and Overwatch approach. Create a workshop that allows power players and developers to do this for them. If implemented give the players something nice it saves the, costs and players want this

6 Likes

That or finally open more customization to transmogrification options besides remove chest.

7 Likes

Doesn’t matter to me if you believe them or not.

Apparently this time is the warning:

The use of third party software that modifies the World of Warcraft game client is against our Terms of Service. We expect players to remove such third party software, or their accounts will be subject to further action. Any future use of software that bypasses the security of the game client, regardless of intention or gameplay advantage, will be detected and sanctioned with increased penalties.

The last paragraph from the Blue post.

3 Likes

Pretending that it only changed models is disingenuous, If you are uninformed it’s alright but look into the mod more and you’ll see it wasn’t that innocent and allowed a lot of game breaking things such as being friendly to the enemy faction and using the others FPs.

I feel bad for the folks using it innocently but it was a very volatile and exploitable mod.

6 Likes

Got what they deserved.

4 Likes

…alright

The people who said they had a thing downloaded but didn’t use it.

1 Like

yea i’m dumb thought it was another thread

Haha, it’s cool.

I don’t use model modifiers.

But I get tempted to when, 10 years later, Blizz still hasn’t fixed stupid human ponytails going through helms :persevere:

3 Likes

The problem seems to be that Blizzard can’t really tell what you’re changing, just that you’re changing something. So they use the banhammer on everyone using the tool.

1 Like