Character list disappearing after disconnect

As per the title I’ve had this happen twice now where while in game everything stops responding, I can’t open menus, talk to NPCs, turn in quests, and then I disconnect.

Upon relaunching the game my character list is gone, the background is black and all the buttons are greyed out save for the ‘change realm’ button. Switching into a different server seems to work.

I play on Frostmourne on the Oceanic Servers. Scanning and repairing my game install seems to work but it’s quite a laborious task to do so every time this happens.

1 Like

This would be better in tech support and bug report.

2 Likes

What you’re describing sounds a lot like a loss of data traffic.

I know you’ve said scanning and repairing seems to work, but it’s more likely the discrepancy in time (e.g. it’s a lot later when you again reconnect) that’s helping.

I don’t think bug report is the right place for this. Darthwraith is right, however, that tech support should be helpful.

3 Likes

Having the same issue intermittently, not sure what causes it but seems to resolve itself eventually.

Update: Getting ‘error retrieving character list’ on Full oceanic realms, both frostmourne and thaurissan, barthilas currently at high and works fine there.

1 Like

Frostmourne down again… cant get into the game

1 Like

Tried to log into any Oceanic servers and they are all giving a black screen on character screen…

1 Like

server back up… but that’s cost me an RBG game

2 Likes

It’s beyond a joke.

1 Like

Working again for me too, I logged into the client instead of launching through battle.net.

Dont know if it made a difference, was effecting all full oceanic realms.

Yeah it’s now working for me too. Between that and that stupid puzzle verification >_<

down again?!

Frostmourne needs fixing. This has been going on for awhile.

this is costing us games

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.