Character delevel

So I’ve been playing the game for a long time now and I haven’t really thought about this until the day it happened to me but I think blizzard should allow players a de-level. I’ve recently leveled up one of my characters by accident because I thought my experience was turned off but apparently it wasn’t. I have been asking GM’s for a de-level for quite a while now and won’t stop fighting until my one character I want gets a de-level. I hope blizzard developers really look at this ASAP and give players like me that de-level that we’ve miraculously been waiting for.

1 Like

Here is a blue post on de-leveling. Basically they only do it if there is a confirmed bug. They won’t delevel you due to an oversight on your part.

If that mechanic was added to the game, people would flip out. “You mean I have to constantly get XP to make sure I don’t delevel when I die?!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE”

Granted, it gave max level EQ players a reason to keep doing stuff to build up that buffer.

Party Sync.

How about No. For the record I dealt with Spirit runs (aka delevels) and it was a genuine PITA.

Deleveling is one of the most unstable game concepts I can think of for a game that involves gearing. If you decide you want to reverse your level then you can easily just obtain BiS gear by buying or one-shotting old content for it on your max/high level toon. The player leveling experience following the massive exploitation of that kind of system would be completely unacceptable.

Additionally, that would disrupt gameplay, having people at 120 one day and then what, level 70 the next? The character concept in this game is a variety-based one, meaning you make several toons to fulfill different purposes, while Runescape for example is a single-character system. If you want to make a twink, level another toon, and you can always go back and forth between that and your main, instead of constantly re-leveling one character which is my view is madness.

You have to understand that games have concepts and functions, and developers leave certain systems out of their games for a reason.

1 Like

Get a troll in your m+ run and none of your gear works, and you have to relevel.

Nah.