Character Copy - No Characters Available?

Hello,

I don’t have any characters to copy from DF to TWW Beta. Is there a fix for this? Seems like something is off currently. I can create a new character just fine and can log in, but I want to copy some of my DF characters for testing other things.

Is there an update or a workaround for this?

Thanks

2 Likes

A good chunk of people were able to copy characters over when the servers first came up… now the rest of us are SoL until they enable it again. No beta tonight :frowning:

2 Likes

Ahh, it’s disabled then. That explains it. I can’t do anything on the beta at all. I get DC’d trying to take a portal, so I’m stuck in Dalaran.

1 Like

I was one of the “lucky” people who got my characters copied over when the realms first went up. While I cannot confirm it, I suspect they disabled it due to being able to copy over MOP Remix characters, which (I tried it) are still locked in an empty instance of Pandaria with no means of escape, certainly something they don’t need bogging down the already stressed world servers.

3 Likes

Can’t really do much with the beta until I can copy my characters. I don’t actually care about Tdubs all that much. I care about the changes to the Wandering Isle and leveling there, if any.

Other betas did not have character copy until much later. My guess is they want people to test things as someone just coming into the content not overly geared for it. They have special level 70 templates to try out. Or you can choose to test end game as a level 80 on one of the servers.

4 Likes

This seems like a pretty important thing to slap a disclaimer on if it’s indeed intended.

it is, you need to read the top threads that the blues posted. i think ones called how to beta

2 Likes

But I can’t test literally any of the stuff I need to on fresh toons so I guess I’m playing the waiting game.

Just FYI - I did manage to somehow copy my character across but Quetzatauren won’t let my copied character start TWW. I can however take the portal from the portal room to Dornogal and do side quests (but can’t fly).

1 Like

Looks like you were lucky enough to get it before they turned it off. Still not able to copy a character and neither is anyone I know.

I don’t need to copy my characters, but god do I need to copy my account data and keybinds.
Setting everything back up by hand is a monumental task, I hope they will at least enable these buttons.

4 Likes

Also affected by this bug–can’t copy characters or account data on North America. I hope it’s resolved soon!

My understanding is it had to be temporarily stopped because people were able to copy over panda remix characters. It will hopefully be back soon.

1 Like

i can wait, i would prefer to copy my own characters.
i was surprised at the remix option being carried over, thats kind of funny

It was enabled this morning and I got all my testing done

So far no nerfs to my fun detected which I’m happy about.

I was allowed to copy my character on the server alleria. If that helps