Character copy is the only way for tbc

if thats the only way, im perfectly fine with that, classic is garbo. but im trying to keep the raid logging classic noobs best interest in mind.

I want to take my current characters up to 70 without a risk of losing their names. If these realms aren’t patching up, and we’re forced to transfer, then hopefully they give name priority to whatever character has the highest playtime. My warrior with 53 days and counting should not be robbed because of some scrub that’s not even 60 yet. Tons of names are gobbled up and never even used, just wasting them.

1 Like

I have to say, regardless of the decision on how they move forward, it is truly exciting to see a potential release of TBC!

Personally, I started my WOW journey in TBC so Classic has been a great time to see where it all began. I would be very disheartened to be forced to start from lvl 1 on a new server if I wanted to play TBC. I think the discussion behind copying a character is interesting and a better route to take. Now the logistics behind that type of data migration must be huge and rather complex, thus why they did not use that verbiage specifically.

I do not know all about wow and the dev effort behind it, so please take this with a grain of salt. Would this not be better to layer the decision within the game. i.e. keep the natural progression to TBC as they did during the original release but those who choose to carry on move to another layer on the server? (I know this will have inherent impacts to economy, player base, etc… but all options will).

1 Like

I second the OP’s statement

No its not unfair to paladins and shamans. When TBC was introduced, they started at level one, there was no boost to 58 in 2006.

3 Likes

Starting at level 58 is the only option

everyone else started at 60

yes whats your point

Cool, guess you wanna see a completely crap economy with people ganking on epic flying on day 1…

that you’re wrong.

no, in tbc players kept their characters at level 60, and shamans and paladins of the new races started at level 1. sorry bucko if you want a new race/class combo then youre going to have to sacrifice to get it.

3 Likes

So the way blizzard actually did it when TBC came out isn’t an option for them to do again?

No, that’s not the ONLY viable option. People would still flock to BC servers if it was fresh start.

The issue is that implies all current servers would be forced to upgrade. Which some people understandably don’t want.

Having some BC servers with a copy to option and some fresh bc servers is a much more fair option for everyone.

1 Like

I’m so excited for all the Classic realms to become Classic TBC realms.

Server copies is the optimal solution.

Character copies simply can’t work, people will game the system and impact the launch.

‘Vanilla Classic: Benediction’ gets a snapshot taken the week of launch and ‘TBC Classic: Benediction’ is implemented.

This ensures Vanilla Classic servers are preserved, and maintains the concept of the Classic project being a true as possible to the original launches.

One time full server copies is certainly an option to prevent people from trying to game the system.

1 Like

I don’t care what they do as long as they wait longer than they did so people have fun in naxx this time around. i would prefer a character copy to a tbc server. maybe with no gold allowed so the economy wont be fubar.

As well as allow those who want to continue with vanilla and maintain progress to do so, while simultaneously emulating the original TBC launch.

This would disenfranchise those who don’t know how to farm effectively and widen the gold gap for players. Those people who farm in inefficient ways will have their vanilla stockpile to eventually afford flying.

Those who do farm well will simply farm vanilla content on a mage for hundreds of gph, or perma-flight form node farm on druids.

I agree 100% on giving decent time after Naxx