Character copy is the only way for tbc

The ONLY viable option is character copy with the ability to start a new char if you want to tbc servers.

9 Likes

unfair to shamans and paladins. unacceptable.

3 Likes

let them start at 58

idk. but i want my char and my title in the game.

that didnt happen in BC.

2 Likes

it doesnt matter man. everyone is sick and tired of no changes ruining a game.

game had 12 million players it its no-changes form.

2 Likes

again, its LITERALLY irrelevant, everyone who plays the game wayyy better than you do and probably way more often agrees spell batching is a problem and that was added into the game to make u pepega monsters happy. get rid of it, and dont make people re-level to make robokappa happy. people saving time isnt going to make them not wanna play the game

use ur brain

my brain says youā€™re wrong and mis-used so many words in your post along with your no-punctuation, run-in sentence that Iā€™m going to discredit the whole thing as useless.

How do you like me now?

2 Likes

you cant discredit what i said so you attack me trying to say it as fast as possible, yeah thats pretty standard for ANY blizzard forum. Your argument is so elementary ā€œ12 years ago alot of people played a game so that means we should change or improve NOTHING about itā€ that is a special kind of willful ignorance.

just copy then faction change

3 Likes

do you share this viewpoint on classic music? old songs and all?

1 Like

again your argument doesnt apply. this is something we are gonna be stuck with when we all want an alternative to garbage retail. i dont want it to be trash because a small population of players are stuck on the worst parts of the ā€˜nostalgiaā€™ of the game

what argument? iā€™m asking you a question.

1 Like

you dont need to ask me off topic questions. keeping bad parts of the games function in the game to appease people thinking they are fighting some good nostalgia fight isnt in my interest. i am trying to play a smooth game with older class designs and old models and have my nostalgia that way. not keeping in spell batching and forcing people to level from 1. thats a truly idiotic hill to die on.

Iā€™ve leveled to 60 twice. in TBC they didnt make me restart from 1. so why would i in tbc?

1 Like

so your classic realm doesnt get turned into a BC realm?

if thats the only way, im perfectly fine with that, classic is garbo. but im trying to keep the raid logging classic noobs best interest in mind.

I want to take my current characters up to 70 without a risk of losing their names. If these realms arenā€™t patching up, and weā€™re forced to transfer, then hopefully they give name priority to whatever character has the highest playtime. My warrior with 53 days and counting should not be robbed because of some scrub thatā€™s not even 60 yet. Tons of names are gobbled up and never even used, just wasting them.

1 Like

I have to say, regardless of the decision on how they move forward, it is truly exciting to see a potential release of TBC!

Personally, I started my WOW journey in TBC so Classic has been a great time to see where it all began. I would be very disheartened to be forced to start from lvl 1 on a new server if I wanted to play TBC. I think the discussion behind copying a character is interesting and a better route to take. Now the logistics behind that type of data migration must be huge and rather complex, thus why they did not use that verbiage specifically.

I do not know all about wow and the dev effort behind it, so please take this with a grain of salt. Would this not be better to layer the decision within the game. i.e. keep the natural progression to TBC as they did during the original release but those who choose to carry on move to another layer on the server? (I know this will have inherent impacts to economy, player base, etcā€¦ but all options will).

1 Like

I second the OPā€™s statement

No its not unfair to paladins and shamans. When TBC was introduced, they started at level one, there was no boost to 58 in 2006.

3 Likes