Character choice > min/maxing

I agree and I applaud them for that. There are a good bit of things I approve for SL. But there are still some glaring issues that they’re trying to hold on to from previous expansions that they just need to let go.

Complexity and intertwining isn’t even a factor. The ripcord existing wasn’t the lie. The idea that pulling it would unravel the system was the lie:

That’s the problem though, not everything in shadowlands is bad. There are good changes and fun additions, just covenants having power locked behind them I don’t think is good or intuitive. It’s a cheap and hack way to make it mEaNiNgFuL

2 Likes

My tinfoil hat theory is that they’re trying to create an issue that they would need to work on and solve for the duration of the expansion. Since if they came out the gate with a decent system, they wouldn’t really know where to take it in future patches.

1 Like

because it does not counter my take at all? I skipped over it because it was pointless.

Everyone can enjoy it takes the weight of the choice out. It also is another system where we switch out spells due to certain content.

To not have something other priest pick to have and focus on does have value to me, and it throws everything you say out the water when you understand that not having all the spells base off who you side with does add value to many players.

You getting what you want would take the weight of the choice away and the system would just be a rep grind like any other wow system we have. Change happens.

Anything else?

Imagine having time off to work out the kinks in classes and specs and maybe have 36 functionning specs!

1 Like

LMAO. You say “but Ion said it was all intertwined” and then you say a post proving it’s really not is “pointless” ?

Dude, please. I’m not even reading the rest of what you typed here, that is just insulting as heck. You just don’t want to be proven so completely wrong that your entire world view has to shift.

1 Like

Reminder before you go mad that Khaelyn is the same person who believes healing damage is the same as an interrupt.

Can we get a latin phrase for let the arguer beware?

2 Likes

Why do you lie? I said that mindgames will be used in certain in replace of a interrupt because it switches spell and you never got over it. Do you get tired of being proven wrong?

1 Like

How does mindgames replace an interrupt ? How do you even calculate that on the fly ? You literally have to know how much damage the spell you’re letting through is going to do, and hope Mindgames turns enough of it into overhealing rather than damage to warrant letting it go through. This also ignores whatever other effects the missed interrupt can have. It also requires very good communication with the melee to let a cast go through (ask any pug Prot Warrior). Not to mention it would seem Mind games is something you use for its damage potential (the initial hit) rather than the secondary effect of turning some damage into healing. That secondary effect seems more of a PvP thing than a PvE bonus.

2 Likes

you’re spelling “punishing” wrong.

2 Likes

Nooo it can’t be a meaningful choice if it’s not punishing though!

1 Like

Again you are changing the spell, You are just talking extra things. I’m saying that turning a spell to a heal. Stops the spell from hurting. So if your warrior or whatever does not have an interrupt up. You can use it, in that case.

This is common sense. That he does not understand.

Laughed out loud at this honestly.

Which is basically Spell Reflect.

And then you cast mind games, but your Rogue goes all Savior and kicks your “heal”. Not to mention that technically, you should be casting Mind games on CD for the damage, or else you’re playing pretty sub par in PvE.

Like I said, ask any pug Prot Warrior (hey, I pug as a Prot Warrior!) how that feels.

I’m going to RP as the most powerful warlock alive, so I’ll have to go with the Necrolords.
:zombie::woman_zombie:

That does not matter at all. and yes group spell reflect could also be used as stand in when a interrupt is not ready.

Timbaeslice has been wrong on this issue for a long time no matter what people tell him.

There’s no such thing as “an interrupt is not ready”. There’s 50 ways from Sundays to interrupt mobs in PvE.

Use the spell as intended : cast it on cooldown for the damage it does. Stop trying to make something that doesn’t work work.

So in other words I am right, because you did not counter what I said at all. It can be used for it. and that is that.

You can say don’t do it. You can say always blah blah. I’m saying it can, and that is all that needed to be said.

smoothbrains be really showing their smoothness these past two days.

:popcorn:

2 Likes