Char Customization: What Do We Want?

Dreanei hoof colors ,hey have to have mommy look good.

1 Like

Worgen tails PLEASE. Not having tails honestly weirds me out to the point that I cant play them because theyre so topheavy looking.

Also, I love the new female BE hairstyle “Chonmage” but I really wish the hair band could be blue too!! That would better suit her blue eyes and blue transmog I have.

5 Likes

More hairstyles in general for Trolls. Dreadlocks, please!! For females, too. Tusk piercings/decorations to be separate so we can add them to various styles of tusks rather than just the one. I know it was mentioned, but Troll beards are so needed :frowning:

More piercings for Trolls- through arms/shoulders as seen on some of the official art for both males and females. More tattoos, maybe some Loa varieties and styles.

5 Likes

Vulpera could use hairstyles I think, help them stand out a bit more from each other.

3 Likes

I mainly play EU now, but Nightborne is my MAIN race. Here’s the TL;DR for Nightborne shenanigans, the highlights of which I’ve bolded:

Fixing the Faces - Looking at the WoWhead Dressing room, Blizz is already working on this, so I can’t say much else. More faces that don’t look old and wizened? Specifically for the Males, they suffer.

Skin Tones - For a nocturnal race that couldn’t see the sky for 10k years, they are very bright! Darker skin-tones (and more variations of ‘pink and blue’) would be appreciated; maybe something like an ‘Obsidian Blue’ that’s nearly black? Manadust-Grey? It would fit in more with the more recent diversification of races, but make the standard leylines/tattoos stand out more.

Hairstyles - More hair colours? We only have 4-5. We have seven, including ‘Bald’. More variations would be nice, as well as more down-dos! Braids would be LOVELY for the ‘Duskwatch’-esque fighters. Ribboned hair like Lor’themar (one half of our new favourite ship!) would be STELLAR. There’s VERY brief mention in Suramar of ‘elder’ Nightborne (10k+ years) having their hair become mana-tinged and see-through instead of greying; can we get some streaks of that in the hair colours?

Jewelry - How about both ears with plates instead of just one? How about body jewelry? Pendants? Belly-button-piercings? Gems?

Scars - There’s a lot here. In little less than a year, a lot of the poor population Withered. Can we get some marks of that? Hollowed out cheeks, dark rings around the eyes? During the slaughter of Starcaller Retreat, the Legion and Duskwatch butchered people; how about fel-burn marks and sword scars? This is only reinforced by the fact that the older parts of Suramar’s population fought during the War of the Ancients, pushing off a SECOND invasion through the Temple of Elune and dealing with the Nathrezim’s Undead Experiments on them!

Eye/Tattoo Colour - It seems that Eye and Tattoo/Leyline colours match? Why not the ability to change Eye Colour/Brightness and have that show on the tattoos? (Purple for Baseline, Blue for Super Arcanists, Green for Warlocks, DARK purple for Starcallers/Priests etc.) Likewise, tattoos DESPERATELY need a brightness slider.

Ears - Night Elves recently just got ‘ear changes’. Can we get those? Length variations, cropped/scarred ears, the ability to choose if we want them ‘up’ or normal like the NPCs?

Heritage Armour - A long-shot, I know, but the belt clips through the pants. It needs a desperate rework, particularly how none of their heritage armour is represented in-game anywhere prior to it’s debut.

7 Likes

Here is all that needs to be said about the Nightborne: Nightborne: The Fixes We Need by Valquois

Honestly, all of the first wave Allied Races need to have more options made available to them. Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, and Void Elves need more unique characteristics considering they are copy+paste jobs with very minor embellishments.

I refuse to believe that Nightborne were released finished. It just screams of rush job/we had a deadline to meet.

2 Likes

I really appreciate this list! Nightborne need a lot of work as they are right now and I agree with these points.

1 Like

I’d love if males and females could share certain hairstyles. Just look how good these Blood Elf male hairstyles look on Blood Elf females (the two on the right):

14 Likes

Oh, I would LOVE unisex hair styles on all of the races for sure!

4 Likes

Vulpera
-additional fur colorings such as: racoon, silver fox, pure black, smoky fox, cinnamon fox, amber fox, lavendar fox, colicott fox, copper fox, iris blue fox, marble fox, red marble fox, pearl cross marble fox, Georgian white fox, Georgian red fox, sun glow fox, moon glow fox, radium fox, etc.
-tail jewerly

Worgen
-straight back male worgen
-tails
-additional fur colorings such as: german shepards, border collies, golden retrievers, Dalmatians, husky, etc.
-natural claw color options, potentially painted ones for females? but gothic/rock looking goals can be for guys too

Tauren
-tail jewerly
-small braids in end tail fur
-longer hair tied down back and moves

Pandaren
-tail jewelry

darkspear trolls
-straight back for male trolls

4 Likes

Small additions with every major patch.

Not every race, every option, all at once - just little things here and there to continue adding variety from here on out - from Shadowlands and onward. This shouldn’t just be a Shadowlands feature, and even with the (amazing) changes they’re making, WoW is still well behind the competition in terms of customization.

Adding to this, more customization options you can unlock for performing unique content, ie the Night Warrior.

7 Likes

Given Questifer has said to post here, here goes, I only care about Draenei for brevity…

Scars. Scars. SCARS. Scars. Give me some scars, I’ve been a Warrior since the day BC released, let me show it. The NE ones look awesome, do that for Draenei, not identical but similar. Do it for everyone.

Broken horns. Tauren have one, give it to us too. There’s no reason. Just make that part of the texture transparent.

Let me toggle the tendrils. All 4? None? Two on one side? Just make them invisible if toggled “off”.

Eye color options. Some people want bluer ones, some whiter. There’s purple eyes from concept art from 2006, get in on that! Pretty much every other race got this. New options, blind options and Draenei are sitting here with nothing even close. Even BE with similar glowing eyes got it. We know the art team can knock this out of the park.

Tattoos. Not the Lightforged ones, our own. Naaru themed, arcane themed for mages, element themed for the shaman.

Scars.

6 Likes

Races that don’t have straight back options need them. It doesn’t matter what the norm is, if we can have Melanin Elves and straight back Orcs based on one or two characters each, we can absolutely have straight back Darkspear Trolls and Forsaken.

Nightborne need h e l p. Like, general model update help. They look nothing like the NPCs, and all excuses for why don’t make up for the fact that they just simply don’t look anything like the NPCs. They’re what is advertised to you before, during, and after recruitment. No canonical NPC Nightborne uses the Nightborne model, nor do the Island Expedition team, nor do most of the general NPCs outside of the instanced Nighthold. It’s like Blizzard’s embarassed of them, which is good because they are not up to par, but that needs to be addressed instead of ignored.

To be more specific about Nightborne barring a general model update, they need some slant-eye faces, some arcane hair/hair accessories, some purplier hair colors (maybe blue as well?), and body jewelry. In general, I think adding the already datamined (years ago) allied race weapons would help with the feel here, but that’s not necessarily customization so we’ll put that aside. If the model can’t be specifically worked on to fix things like they’re wimpy muscular structure and broken shins/knee joints, then at the very least they need to be made bigger. Nightborne were not midgets compared to Night Elves, why are the ones we play that way?

Humans need some Vrykul options, man.

Blood Elves need some Void Elf facial hair and Void Elves need some blonde hair colors as well as some BE hair styles. More unique ones per should be added as well, even if it’s later. If you take the void tentacles out of some of the BE ones, you can actually have some usable for both “High Elf” Void Elves and Blood Elves altogether, although obviously that’s noticeably more work than just swapping stuff between the two races.

I’d really like some more niche options like thinner male Draenei, more Anduin/Wrathion leaning options for Humans (not beefcaked, basically) and different standing poses for all Allied Races that share models (if not as a general option for races altogether which would be far better). @keyboardturn on Twitter has shown that you can mess with race body/head swapping with some outrageously impressive results, so I don’t think any of this is as hard as for an AAA company like Blizzard, but the bar is so low and misunderstood for them I’m not sure if (as a company) they’d care to try.

3 Likes

Would love if male draeneis horns/hairstyles could be separated to create more options.

As a female Blood Elf player, I want almost anything, as long as it isn’t more Jewelry.

More Eye colors for Draenei.

5 Likes

Pandaren Suggestion:

• Let me kick off my sandals as a toggle or just remove them from the basewear!
4 Likes

How about a hunch option for female Trolls?

7 Likes

Damn, I was about to reply this word to word but you were faster haha. I’d absolutely love more eye colour options, namely teal, yellow, and purple.

I’d also love to see crystal horns, and just horn jewellery in general. If I was really hopeful I’d ask for the thick tails males have for female draenei (also more prominent forehead crest too pls? males have all the cool stuff ngl but they look like ugly fridges)

One last thing: please bring back the little rune carvings horns had before the model revamps.

4 Likes

Also, I demand that Void Elves turn into tiny little Mindbenders for their voidform.

Yes, carved horns are a great thing I forgot. Some art I’ve seen of people’s characters are amazing. It’d be wonderful to see it reflected in game. Thicker tails are always good!

I’d love things like crests for females, or even incorporating more of the artificer-style stuff for Draenei, but I know they’re in a crunch and tried to prioritize my ideas. But even just texturing foreheads better with a texture that covers the current so we can choose one of several, that looks a bit sturdier would make a huge difference!

4 Likes