Chaos Strike R3 isn't applying to Annihilation

Thought I’d post this here as I’m not seeing a topic created yet -

Per the DH theorycrafters:

1. Rank 3 Chaos Strike (10% increase damage) doesn’t apply to Annihilation

2. When they removed the aura buffs from BFA and baked in the damage into spells themself, they forgot to add 10% damage to Chaos Strike main hand hit.

8 Likes

i dunno how true this is… but if its true blizzard needs to fix it

1 Like

Its true, there was a post on it with the math but it got buried in the other complaints (here).

Chaos strike damage is also just straight up bugged and not scaled correctly with what wowhead says and is scaling at (33% +33%) instead of (33% + 60.5%).

3 Likes

I mean, if still true, this would certainly explain a few things.

2 Likes

this was hotfixed today:
https://www.wowhead.com/news=319945/december-15th-hotfixes-chaos-strike-fixed-nerf-to-normal-heroic-sludgefist

3 Likes

Yeah I noticed…my DPS shot up by a lot tonight…with the 5% buff as well

Now there is a 4ilvl difference, but the weapons were the same so the difference is negligible as that’s our biggest upgrade.

And it wouldn’t directly explain…a 60% increase in chaos strike and annihilation’s damage.

It’s a bug fix and one that needed to be done.

It’s only a 2% increase to ST but at least it’s actually ST where Havoc is terrible and not more aoe padding

Yeah I noticed that as well, for the one fight I actually got to play DPS I pulled about 3500 and topped our charts in normal mode (up from around 2k)

The fact that they started to fix the Chaos Strike bug is certainly cool, but the numbers somehow do not agree: in the formula, say that the strike with the main hand of Chaos Strike should be 60.5% of Attack power, off hand - 35%. But now after fixing it seems that around 33% and 40% accordings to my tests. Anyway, this is good, at least a little single target damage increased.

1 Like