Chaos bolt!

Make havoc a strong baseline 2-min CD.
Also… I been critting whopping 14k Chaos Bolts in Zereth Mortis today.

1 Like

when was this? i think havoc has been baseline to the kit since i started playing late MOP

Having our only use in raid be strong ST is a bad idea because it makes us completely at the whims of blizz. Even when destro isn’t very strong ST it is still considered because of how strong Havoc is. Making us a ST spec means whether we’re brought to raid for a patch is entirely based on if blizz decides it’s our turn to be strong with no other considerations.

1 Like

I don’t mind Havoc at all. It’s very easy to tune us with 1 and 2 target damage. Need more ST? Buff bolt and Incinerate. Buffed ST is too much 2 target? reduce the % dmg transfer from Havoc. Boom. Done.

I thought Roaring Blaze management on 2 targets was also a cool way of adding 2 target Havoc complexity that felt rewarding.

Since the xpac dropped, I’ve been saying Bolt and Incinerate are undertuned and they remain so. If it makes them too strong in pvp, slap a pvp modifier on there and move on.

I’d rather not see Destro remain a spec that feels like crap outside of rather gimmicky 5+ Infernal stacking builds.

3 Likes

this is probably the 2pc instant CB landing at the same time. I’ve regularly seen 40k+ from this combo

You would raiding without 4pc and its prob best for pvp since decimating bolt + roaring blaze talent makes incinerate hit like a chaos bolt while not locking you into 1 school of magic. If youre just able to free cast cb maybe madness would be better

I have an undergeared warlock and my chaos bolts are hitting for like 24k…you must not be geared.

Right i’m 274 and rarely hit more than 23k

Might be doing something wrong. All the logs I look at for your ilvl, the average Bolt is 20K+ easy and biggest crits are almost always 30K+.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/29#boss=2542&class=Warlock&spec=Destruction&region=1&bracket=14

I always thought that adding a nice splash damage to chaos bolt would be more fun than have us use havoc on cleave/aoe. Of course, with havoc you can hit 2 targets that are a bit apart from each other. I feel a bit weird having immolate with no cooldown and cataclysm’s cooldown longer than immolate’s debuff as well, but whatever