Changing daily quests to 'first come first serve'

Shadowlands already has the worst world quests/daily system of all the expansions that’s had them.

Why would they make it worse? Blizzard you are so frustrating!

3 Likes

'Tis going to be a sad thing, seeing it crop up offering a fine handful of anima and knowing, as with Flapping Frenzy, I amn’t going to bother.

They didn’t go far enough; entire quests should be first come, first serve. Wanna collect ooze; wait your turn!

How do i report a post for inciting terrorism?

That’s exactly what happened to me on my hunter! What threw me is that there was only one other moth there. I figured it was a phasing issue, relogged and all the animacones were there.

1 Like

Okay? So they changed them to First come first serve them almost immediately increase the spawn rate? Why make the change in the first place?

5 Likes

I want to know who’s giving them this feedback, and I’m going to rub sand in their eyes. Then I want to know which dev “OK’d” this, and I’ll rub sand in their eyes too!!

Obviously I wouldn’t rub sand in someone’s eyes, but for real, who’s idea was it to make this change?

1 Like

Cause they can.

Didn’t you know? It was a bug (and the solution wasn’t to actually fix the bug. Fixing bugs is forbidden!)

Even with the spawn rate being increased, this means if you’re looting one and someone next to you is also, if they get it first it interrupts you and you have to wait for it to respawn.

It’s a STRICTLY worse system, ugh.

3 Likes

If you add just seconds, multiple times an hour, to every players’ experience, it adds up to huge amounts of time played.

1 Like

Sounds to me like a bug.

If this was a deliberate change than I am scratching my head.

Not mine; I won’t bother. And in 2 days, 2 hours I won’t be playing. (I was planning on a break anyway, but a few days break has turned indefinite. I may just wait for 9.1.)

2 Likes

'Tis not. They did indeed intended to change it from its former state, and all they intend apparently to fix is the rate at which they spawn.

How is this possibly a bug? It works consistently for everyone and mirrors similar changes. Most importantly, how would they not notice? Are you suggesting that they have the most incompetent QA department on the planet (perhaps they borrowed Microsoft’s printing testers.)

Not to mention their ‘out’ was addressing it and saying it was a bug and it’s been fixed. Instead they’ve just increased the spawn rate…right

I tried to do this quest today and was in there over a hour and could only get 2 of them I gave up …its BS change.

why change it in the first place?

this game literally went through QoL changes to quests back in MoP so that people could loot the same item and not have to run around waiting on respawns

why are we regressing??? and why on just two random quests?

4 Likes

We just need new developers at this point if this is their only focus on “helping the game”

Funniest thing is that they copy this concept from GW2, but now they wanna scrap it for what?

3 Likes

My guess is an internal power struggle.

Been there. I was once caught up in what was essentially a pissing contest between the CTO and my Product Manager. That the CTO’s idiot feature was a complete failure didn’t save my job.