Changes to Purchasable Game Time Options

:roll_eyes: :yawning_face: :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

Just telling you guys now, go back or you will lose a lot more people. trust me people in my guild already want to quit cuz of this

this is a super scummy move. i dont use credit card online so i use bnet balance since i can easily buy bnet balance at a local store. now i can’t get the 180 day deal: as a canadian, i am paying 22 bucks a friggin month now. thats bs, man.

3 Likes

except there is obviously confusion… he literally responded to the people who are confused.

There are no new game contents been added after Shadowland published after 6 months or longer, and you guys canceling the 30 days subscription? My thought is Blizzard needs the money, and here is how you guys do “We are not going make the game better or adding new content, but we don’t want to lose any player, so we force you guys to pay 60 days sub”. Good job, Blizzard.

2 Likes

Please revert the change.

2 Likes

I think they should bold or otherwise emphasize that this isn’t affecting subs. It would help cut down on the confusion.

??? No it does not, if you gift sub time the card info stays on your account not theirs.

I would like to point out if you are doing what you are implying you are doing, logging into another players account to enter your credit card info, that is against the TOS.

This is correct. The subscription options are unchanged here on the Shop: https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-subscription

The change mentioned in the original post only impacts the Game Time option found here: https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-game-time

5 Likes

Facts. I just want to buy it with gold.

7 Likes

Whoever answered doesn’t make these decisions and don’t like or dislike. I’m sure they were given some canned reply to spam.

5 Likes

Get a credit card
Get a debit card with a credit card built in
Buy prepaid credit cards at your local walmart/shoppers drugmart/macs milk/etc

Let’s just all look at this for what it probably is, Blizzard cannot stop the botting problem, so they are looking to make more money off of it.

Botter gets banned, uses gold to get another 30 days, gets banned repeat. Now botters will pay twice as much for game time.

2 Likes

Really hoping people forget to cancel their subs huh?

5 Likes

This fiscally doesn’t matter to me but, I really don’t like this practice. People shouldn’t be forced into this change or should be allowed to be grandfathered in.

This company is out of touch with its core base, so many poor decisions lately.

7 Likes

you can still buy 30 day sub time, they are not cancelling 30 day sub time.
Also shadowlands has only been out 4 months.

1 Like

If that was the case, why did they remove the 90 and 180 day options, then?

“Thank you for sharing the love! You only have a few likes left today.”
But I want to keep giving out likes to people against this change… :frowning:

2 Likes

To reduce selling of gametime as a means to sell gold. Those options are discounted, 60 days isn’t. They make more money.

ya and get hit even harder with exchange rates/processing fees (pre-paids get TAXED up here, bnet balance cards do NOT): i used to do that before but stopped cus it costs me even MORE using those. bnet balance cards are cheaper. such bs. how tf can you defend them, seriously.

4 Likes
  1. It’s not great entertainment value to reduce the amount of game time purchase options.
  2. You say you’ve reviewed but you haven’t actually explained any of the logic behind this which just makes it look very consumer unfriendly rather than anything else.

It makes me financially less likely to play because I’ll be “um, kid 3, let’s go play Fornite instead of leveling because it’s been 45 days since we last played WoW together and this is the only weekend in the next month we can for sure play” whereas before I’m “sure, $15 to play in WoW with you for at least this weekend? Worth it.”

2 Likes