Changes in old content alchemy

I’m leveling a rogue, currently level 93, and decided to dabble in alchemy on the way to support myself with potions.

Naturally, I’m going for agility buffs. But the old recipes are all messed up?

Elixir of Greater Agility, which is a classic recipe gives 20 agility and is better than the agility elixirs from burning crusade and northrend, which both give only 18 agility.

The next upgrade is flask of the winds/spring blossoms both from MoP and Cata, and both require a lot of mats, being flasks.

Then we have the draenic agility flask, which gives 43 agility and then the Greater agility flask, which requires 5 catalyst AND 5 standard draenic agility flasks, gives only 43 agility too?

This is pointless.

The same with a lot of other recipes, a lot of them are just redundant. Why keep them at all?

Those various flasks, elixirs, and potions are all necessary parts of leveling the associated tiers of alchemy. There is no reason to remove them, especially when doing so can unintentionally break things, requiring developer time to fix out-dated content.

While part of the issue is possibly related to scaling, a level 93 character might not see the full benefit of a level 100 flask, the main issue is the 2 stat squishes the game has seen in the past 14 years. So there won’t be much difference between a level 60 and 70 elixir / flask because the curve at low levels is a lot flatter then it is from level 110-120, when Blizzard wants your character to be gaining gear upgrades every level for scaling.

not only is there not a lot of difference but the burning crusade agility elixir (18 agi) is flat out WORSE than the old classic one (20 agi)

I had to go back to arathi highlands and farm goldthorn to have enough elixirs to quest through northrend…

they seem to have been nerfed a bit even more recently. a draenor flask which you can create without an alchemist in your garrison is agility 49. the legion flask which requires an alchemist and a lot of farming to make now only gives 59… no point in it but current flasks are over 100 in BFA.

If the legion one was say 75-80 it would make more sense to farm for it…

This game is just a mess, currently leveling through legion content and it right out says “this weapon’s power was sacrificed to kill sargeras” … Plus all the useless AP items.

It seems like Blizzard doesn’t care about a good experience with old content.

the best example is leveling a new BM hunter through legion

‘hero, this noble storm wolf hati sacrificed his life to help you, now he will accompany you forever as a companion’

completes quest for titanstrike artifact, hati is nowhere to be seen

1 Like