Changes are what got us into this mess!

The defining characteristic of Vanilla was that no one knew what the eff they were doing. We were figuring it out as we went along.

The defining characteristic of Classic is that we. know. everything. We’ve come back hoping to rediscover that magic that first hooked us into WoW when it launched 15 years ago only to find there is nothing left to discover.

Seems to me that we cannot have a true Vanilla experience without changes.

I would say its the other way around. If there weren’t so many realms there wouldn’t be so many with huge imbalance.
Based on the limited population data it seems like the global numbers are pretty even.
There would have to only be 1 pvp realm total though to avoid this. People just naturally gravitate towards the highest advantage.
They just needed to release battlegrounds alongside honor.

No clue why anyone thought this wasnt going to happen.
It was already happening on nost when bgs WERE implemented as horde queues were massive so they would camp while waiting.

Am… Am i reading this right? are you saying we should take the entire population of all the PVP servers and smash them into one? I can’t be reading that right…

defeating the purpose of recreating the vanilla experience.

because it wasn’t this bad in vanilla and not everyone follows what happened on privet servers.

correct me if I’m wrong but i don’t think nost set their server caps so high. if the server caps were at or close to vanilla’s there would only be so much damage one side could do.

Even if they started a FRESH realm. We’d be right back where we are now. Because this is a player perceived problem. Not a Blizzard created problem.

1 Like

I was really never one of the dedicated #nochanges crowd. But gee, they’ve made an awful lot of changes to (in my opinion) change classic to what they think it should have been, to align it to the current philosophy of “How things ought to have been”.

pre-launch fearmongering also created this. right off the bat you had reddit and other communities agreeing to roll on the same server to ensure a healthy, sustained population.

maybe lower server caps could’ve prevented this, but it’s too late now.

1 Like

uhm no. layers were disgusting im extremely happy they are gone.

the other changes still annoy me tho… for example the higher pop cap. pls reduce it and give us more queues.

Nostalrius had no server cap, effectively.
There were upwards of 25k people online on the weekends.

Either way, there is no solution to this. Horde dominate numbers-wise in pvp.
Same way on live.
The only true solution to it is implement Warmode, which ironically would work way better in Classic than it has in BFA, and its worked very well there.

Not on the table for many.

But ya, the problem comes back to this:

The OP says its “changes” that has caused problems, but it isn’t. Its the opposite.
Its the blind adherence to things being the way they used to be, despite the game being played completely differently.

Like it or not, this isn’t 2004 and the game isn’t filled with noobs.
People know how to maximize their time spent in a game remembered for being a big time sink, and this is the result.

The biggest issues with the product were the things that SHOULD have changed, but didn’t.
IE.
Making way too many realms
and
Releasing an honor/gearing system that encourages unfair PVP.

3 Likes

Is this a joke? I mean i was going to break this down bit by bit and explain why that is a daft idea from an expansion of absolute failure but I’m starting to think your just trolling me.

You are either a troll or the living embodiment of everything i hate about retail.

So i didn’t read that wrong and you actually do think its a good idea to stuff everyone on pvp servers onto one server?.. Oh i get it now! your insane!

Just being realistic. How else do you think they can solve this issue?
I see only three ways, that I have listed here.

Warmode. Despite what you think you know about BFA, it has been the best addition for World PVP ever. The ability to opt out means you can still stay on the realm you are on without having to get camped for hours if you don’t have time for that, but again, is not on the table for many people, so I would have never expected it to be in the game. But it would solve the issue regardless.

One mega server per region. This was how every Private server had gone since the early days. One server. When the entire population is on one server there is no hiding or rerolling. You have to fight and fix the issue yourself.
This wouldn’t work likely because there are just too many players for that to be feasible in a hardware sense, but either way making this many pvp servers is what has caused this and making was less is how to fix it, but its too late.

So that leaves us with option three.
Release BGs alongside honor so people aren’t forced to gank.

You can act like that messes with how the game development went, but who cares.
BGs weren’t added in “phase 2” back then, because they weren’t ready.
People play the game differently, and this 40 man raid camping is making people quit the game.

So, is there an unforseen 4th solution or am I going to get some other off the wall response like this

What does that even mean?
If you really think blind adherence to poor decisions for the sake of history is a good decision 1 for 1 then I suppose I would say you embody everything that’s bad about Classic, but there really is no need for that type of thing.

1 Like

There haven’t been any major changes that majorly effected anything except population caps for PvP realms.

The layering was only put in for the early months when everyone swarmed everything, and zones were completely overrun.

After a bit they took it out and things went back to normal as the wave had receded.

Personally I don’t think “No changes” classic, is the best Vanilla experience available, would be better if they did fix some things, but the “no changes” crowd won’t hear a word of it.