Chances of a graphics toggle

I liked the level of graphics toggle in demo, I’m hoping for something similar to be in Classic release.

They tried for the retail game and it did not work; I highly doubt they will work on this for a game that is not supposed to pull in too much resources.

If it doesn’t interfere with the original graphics/models in anyway there is no reason they shouldn’t be included.
But like all else that is yet to be announced,
#waitandsee

The updated models, animations, and terrain can all stay in BFA. The original Vanilla graphics and animations belong in Classic. Keep it simple, keep it old school, keep it right.

1 Like

I am for a toggle. I think when you load into BGs it should adjust view distance and water to be like classic and when you zone out of BGs it switches back to the way you had it.

As I understood it, he wasn’t referring to the models’ animations. He was referring to the graphical effects of these old spells.

I could be wrong, but I believe it didn’t work because it was trying to mix old animations with new character models.
I would think that in this theoretical world of a graphics toggle you would see old models/old animations and new models/animations.

Before I say this I want to let it be known that I am more of an old graphics kind of a person although I’m not against a toggle, as long as it never interferes with the old graphics and models.

That out out of the way: those of you who are lecturing the people who want the new graphics and models need to take a step back. Datamining of the current alpha client shows a lot of things that you guys might not like, and among those things are updated graphics and new models. Before anyone freaks out though, there’s nothing yet to suggest that these will be in the game, it’s possible that they’re there because just never took them out of the game files for whatever reason. And like I said there is a lot of other holdover stuff from Legion/BFA in the client as well.

But until we know for sure, I personally think that yammering on at the people who want all new graphics and telling them that they absolutely WON’T get them could very likely backfire on you and make you look very silly. Just my opinion though.

2 Likes

The new models can use all the old spell graphics/animations, whatever you want to call it.

I am shocked that blatant troll threads like this still get bites.

Which parts of the OP do you consider trolling?

1 Like

Fairly low.
The data miners from the beta client would have found a toggle.

Blizz hasn’t been able to get a real handle on toggles for this sort of thing. I’d rather we get the old graphics and the game works than have this thing be held up by trying to make it prettier.

1 Like

The entire thing.

If you want to play ignorant, have at it Galdor. I should not have to explain how repeated graphics toggle threads by L120s with 0 posts and 3 minutes total forum time are blatant trolls.

I’d consider a new face with a hidden account to be questionable too.

¯\(ツ)

Ohhh, it’s Brokenwind, LOL.

The graphics slider is in the alpha. If it goes well, will probably make it to live.

Sorry toots, just someone who doesn’t appreciate trolls or profile peekers.

Hiding your profile doesn’t do anything, it creates about two seconds of extra effort to get the exact same result. Anyhow, you should check out the Classic reddit, lots of great stuff to read there the last few days.

:slight_smile:

I find these discussions always seems to debate the merits of why (not) to have updated models/animations…

To me that misses the point entirely. WoW Classic is a project which aims to best replicate the vanilla WoW experience. Client-side models having no impact on other players misses the point - it impacts the integrity of Classic. The goal is to replicate vanilla; shoehorning in features outside of those parameters should not be within Blizzard’s scope for this project.

They’re building classic onto the 8.x client so I expect there to be departures from Vanilla regarding the capabilities of lighting detail, draw distance, foliage etc… but adding updated models and animations is not something they would be obligated to include. They weren’t a part of vanilla.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like