Challenge Mode Sets

Please bring back the challenge mode sets. Maybe a color remake similar to the Mage Tower challenges/rewards.

I want the druid set so bad!!!

3 Likes

The class hall sets from Legion are recolors of the CM armor.

1 Like

They are somewhat similar but not the same. Pay attention to how cool and
Mythic looking the removed models are. We need them back

4 Likes

On a similar note…

I have a suggestion. I have MANY friends and family members that play (or have played) WoW. It is a unanimous consensus that having basically any transmog gear time gated is not good. To help put that into perspective, 31 individuals (including myself) people in agreeance. Their breadth of play varies substantially. My friends Robert, Tyler, Tyler, David, and Steven are hardcore PvP players (formerly), my friend James, his girlfriend Jess, Sondra (my ex), hardcore PvE raiders (formerly), all the way down to my Aunt Mary, my cousin Jerry, his wife Katheren, (and many others) whom play casually socializing and questing. Each and every person agrees that having transmog gear time gated is NOT good for the games sub numbers.

The solution that I see for this, which is very easy to implement, is implementing a token system that works like vicious saddles. Any time in a particular season if a player were to reach the required rating for PvP elite gear unlock give them a token instead that they can then use to purchase whatever pvp set they would like. It keeps it where there is still skill required to obtain the PvP set, so people won’t be upset that “anyone can get it” and it will allow people who were unable to play at the time to be able to get the things that they missed out on.

For instance there were several raids that I was able to take part in when they were current and I got full sets, it was REALLY difficult to do that at the time. Yet, the armors that I obtained for doing high end Raid content is not gated and people can go get any of the sets they want and solo it to get them. I really hope that this is something that will be done. I know it’s probably silly that I want this set that bad, but to me it’s probably the most awesome thing that has ever been made in the game period.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 Like

I am missing half of the CM armor sets, I wish I got them but I would NEVER want them to add them back to the game.

The game has both time limited and non time limited rewards, you do not have to get EVERYTHING to be happy.

3 Likes

Please, yes. The MOP challenge sets were some of the best looking sets the game has ever seen for some classes. Being locked out of them because I only returned at the very end of MoP sucks. I feel the same about all the limited availability mounts for achievements.

At least make them available in the BMAH two expansions onwards. People who earned them can use them for 2-3 years for bragging rights, and by a few expansions down the road there’ll be new similarly gated gear to pick up. Also let people pick up appearances on BOP items even if you can’t equip them. It’s rediculous that some of the best looking sets and mounts are unavailable unless you played for a certain raid sometime in the past 15 years. It’s equally ridiculous you have to farm the same raid on 3-4 characters to get all available appearances.

1 Like

i really want the druid set also. I wouldn’t mind a recolor

1 Like

Wish granted. There has been a recolor in the game for 6 years. It’s the set you get from completing the classhall questline.

they are not the same sir!

1 Like

Well yeah, they’re not the same, which is why they’re called a “recolor.”

The same would be a clone.

ones red and ones green but they’re still not the same set model wise.

1 Like

its more than that. the class hall sets have some/all ornaments or spell fx straight up removed from them. what’s more, different color variants of the original MoP challenge armor sets WERE created at the time, and showcased right here on wowhead. and in fact, at least one is visible IN THE GAME still to this day, because if you go in the alliance panda city, is that shrine, wherever the vendors are for armor tokens. behind them are racks of armor showing off the challenge mode shoulders/helms.

and the priest armor color is different than the actually challenge mode armor you got, i know this, cause my priest has that armor set.

and re-colors can sometimes be sub-par, see icc-Naxx vs original naxx armors. so i think this is why people want recolors of the original armors, more like how they did with the mage tower timewalking. those sets are great, and look just like the originals. i think this is what people want (myself included).

i would love to see recolors of the original pandaria challenge mode armor added to the game. wouldn’t take much work, at least some of those armors already have multiple alternate colors, i remember seeing images or a video of this way back in the day.

More than a recolor. Paladin shoulders are different. They are missing the wings on the shoulders