Chain Heal

Almost nobody uses Chain Heal which should be the absolute staple of Shaman healing. This would essentially be the same as Elemental not bothering to use Chain Lighting .

I understand that shammy healing, as a whole, is pretty solid so buffing CH might be out of the question. With that said, how about reducing mana costs and making it instant with a 2.5-3 second cool down.

Thoughts?

They’d have to rework manatide leggo again if they did this. As it stands CH is pretty potent with that leggo but like you said, garbo otherwise

1 Like

If you set yourself up to use it. It can be useful.

But as with balance, you cant generally buff one spell a bunch and not see pain in other areas.

I really like riptide right now, for example.

Resto shaman is just too strong to give chain heal a big buff to its base and leave everything else as is.

Its more potent with the jonats lego imo.

I do hear it’s not really needed for resto. We get some use out of it for enhance but I do agree it’s a more fun animation than surge and I would like seeing our resto buddies splashing more

1 Like

Resto shouldn’t ignore CH. It’s a huge oversight by Blizz

With the chains of devastation Lego, chain heal is absolute bonkers on ele. You can basically heal as much as a dedicated healer in bgs, and this week it’s not bad in M+ either with fortified/spiteful.

Usually when heavy movement is required, healing is required too because of aoe mechanics and the healer also needing to move. That’s where this lego shines. You can move while topping up your entire party. It’s also great on prideful when people are usually saving cds, unload your heavy dps into it and then just offheal the party when stacks get high.

The vast majority of insta-cast and/or faster healing spells typically cost MORE mana. CH is actually decent with the right talents; Unleash Life, Deluge, High Tide - can really pump a CH. However, on its own, CH is a little lackluster.

You mean worth it to cast. Without that, it’s just not worth casting. That’s why it needs to be adjusted.

I’ve made a chain heal build work in mythic sludgefist, but I wouldn’t say it’s better. It’s about the same, but takes more mana. If mana isn’t an issue, then it’s viable.

Ch is amazing in rbg’s and if the changes you recommend were made it would gut rsham rbg. Weaving ch/wave for tidal while also stacking modifyers for CH makes shaman really good in rbg’s, people really do sleep on rsham heals for rbg’s.