Chain heal worst heal ingame

Chain heal is the worst AOE skill in game. All other healers have 30+ yd range in a circle, heal for more and use less mana. I don’t understand why all this coding was put in to make chain heal smart………you basically spent the most effort creating the worst heal. The PTR changes aren’t enough, fix this meme of a heal.

3 Likes

the way i see it being used is only pressing it when you have hightide proc since that makes it not reduce healing per bounce. gotta pretty much riptide, prim wave, cloud burst, and single target spam till you get that and save a stack or 2 for when you need to do some on demand light aoe healing

“Light healing”? If your group all stands within a few yards of eachother.

2 Likes

yes. light aoe healing, because your main rotation aoe heals are coming from cloudburst and high tide chain heals. & with that being said you have to be the chain sometimes, ppl don’t understand how shamans work.
they just know that if sham not S or high A tier in a tier list, sham bad

but yeah, sham heals aint top notch rn but at least we’re getting looked at.

It looks like this was created one day before the hotfixes were posted. First of all I want to say that I 100% agree with you that Chain Heal has been a crappy spell. Nevertheless, I just wanted to address some of the items since there are changes coming soon so that people not in the know don’t get the wrong idea:

This is fixed somewhat with us getting the Tidebringer pvp talent soon.

Chain Heal is getting buffed by 10% tomorrow.

The Mana Tide Totem changes will give us some wiggle room, but I do agree that Chain Heal is mostly a very expensive spell.

The direction the developers seem to want to go with aoe spells is: “make them worth casting, but don’t allow them to be a crutch where people spam them”. You see this with other spells like: wild growth, circle of healing, prayer of mending, Sanctify, Essence Font, etc. Most of them are like this due to having long cooldowns. Chain Heal was in this spot where it had no cooldown, so I suppose they decided they had to make it utter crap to compensate. Giving us the Tidebringer talent brings it in line with where other spells are (which also reaffirms my belief that they didn’t have resto shaman done at launch).

That tidebringer introduction to PvE seems like a game changer to me (especially dungeons).

Even without all the amps to CH, TB will give an instant group heal which will be very nice. Throw in things like High Tide and bosses like Hyrja will be far easier to heal with that instant cast.

2 Likes

Just extend the jump range. I mean even Preservation spells (“mid range spec”) have 25y-30y spells/cones. 12.5 yard for chain heal is silly. Just double it to 25y and be done with it.

1 Like

I haven’t had chain heal on my bar since legion. It is terrible cost inefficient and doesnt do enough healing even when talented for it.

1 Like