Chain Harvest instead of Primo wave for enhance tree

The flame shock is irrelevant for Chain Harvest. LL can reset and spread Flame shock.

In PvP, chain harvest is the only reasonable choice for ENH. It has to do with the spread heals, spread damage that can reverse the pressure in an arena match.

If you disagree with that, then you have 0 clue what you are talking about.

1 Like

I’d be 100% fine with it being a pvp ability, but I’d rather it not be in the spec tree.

I did, its in brackets at the bottom…

No one wants it as a PvP ability. Shaman PvP talents are already bloated with mandatory options. ENH rarely ever changes them. We don’t need another mandatory PvP ability.

Put it in the regular tree as an octagon with primordial wave. Why not do that?

Gives everyone a choice.

3 Likes

False, I am 100% correct.

You must be not reading the part where I said this perspective is exclusively for arena, it’s in brackets at the bottom of the OP.

1 Like

Then make it a PvP talent.

That would be great, i just do not see it being a good choice for the standard tree.

1 Like

While I don’t really care if chain harvest comes back…consider this counter point.

This thread is literally a pvp thread.

The overwhelming majority of people wanting it back, want it back for pvp reasons.

Its 100% fine to want it back for pvp reasons. Now consider this from a pve perspective.

Enhance has to have a dead talent for pve (and augment nodes) implemented, purely for pvp reasons. Losing out on legit pve options. If they gave the option of Pwave or CH on the same node, they’d have to do the same with each augment node following it. I don’t see that realistically happening.

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

Though imagine if they did that kind of thing for an entire portion of a tree. Be a neat idea, but overly complicated and I’d rather they get the foundations of the new talent system solid before getting fancy with it.

I actually think the suggestion of having it as a pvp talent is really good. I’m down with that. Makes perfect sense to me. I really don’t care how it’s implemented in as long as it’s an OPTION.

The whole point of this talent tree system is to incorporate each classes ‘greatest hits’ from the previous expansions to build a foundation upon going forward and make the classes fun with their staple abilities from the past.

It would seem a real shame to me to not include Chain Harvest for arena player enhancement shamans, it was simply the best covenant ability for enhance in arena. It is straight up the only option to play, and its really powerful and satisfying to use. It swings momentum in battles as it can be used defensively to save your team if your healer is locked, or offensively to execute and close kills. Its a very satisfying cooldown to use with your maelstrom at key moments of a fight.

All this counter discussion from PvE players is really disappointing, if its no good for PvE and you dont like it, thats fine, just dont choose it. Why vouch for its exclusion altogether? Pointless.

PvP deserves just as much consideration as PvE, it is only benefical for the games health for it to be recognised and respected in game development.

4 Likes

I’m not an Enhancement player, but this seems reasonable. Is there a good argument against this option?

2 Likes

Possibly. I’m starting to think Enhancement tree is going to get a minor tweak at a minimum. Reminds me a little bit of the Unholy tree. That tree was horrible to start with.

It is troubling how split Enhancement players are on this topic. Someone is going to walk away from this very upset. Even some PvP Enhancement players don’t want CH, some PvErs want CH some don’t. Jesus this is a mess.

1 Like

That is also the “good argument” against it. I find it highly unlikely that the powers-that-be would put in a row, a talent option, with two follow up augments nodes that can change as well.

Could that? Definitely. Would I have an issue with it if they did? Nope. I just find the odds to be extremely low that I can’t really see it as a reasonable suggestion until Bliz were to show they are willing to do it.

1 Like

Agreed, I saw your post after I wrote that so I wanted to mention it. Maybe make it a choice node that costs 2 points?

They’d have to wrap the choice and both follow up augments in one. Which is 4 total talent points. Which is really, in essence, the same thing as splitting it. Each upgrade of adding more points would have to give it a completely different upgrade, based on your initial pick.

Something they could do, but I haven’t seen them have the willingness to do something similar anywhere else (unless I missed it) which makes it a big step to suddenly take in talent tree design.

1 Like

This is really starting to feel like PvP talent or bust. I’m gonna go look at the Enhancement tree again…

2 Likes

It really is. In AE/M+ its less than PWave. Its negligible PVE ST damage. But its lovely for PVP.

While I am not as familiar with the PVP talent side of things (and it being called bloated). I am just not sure what solution outside of making it a pvp talent would make the most amount of peopl ehappy.

So, Enhancement tree has one point for PW and no “follow up” points like Elemental has for it. Why not just make that a choice node?

https://i.imgur.com/kzNypu2.png

Two ranks of 5 MS stacks generated, and haste from each LB.

1 Like

Well, I guess I should have read the rest…

Back to square one…PvP talent?