Centaurs could fly normally - example video

Hello guys, I was checking out the War Within updates and I noticed that the dragon riding on mounts like horses didn’t look awkward.

example (it’s in the right time)
https://youtu.be/T4odhTxz3E8?t=985

Do you know what this means?

That centaurs could fly just fine with a Cenarius buff and we could have them as an allied race.

Yes, they wouldn’t use mounts, but they ARE the mounts themselves.

Come on Blizzard, you’re one step away from implementing something truly new.

It would be even more interesting if there were “magic” wings, and they flew like a Pegasus.

“But how would the equipment work?”

Two solutions - magical equipment, like on dractyrs, or new slots for shin guards, front shield (part of the horse), and the cape could be, I don’t know, a back shield.

A lot of people complain that we just want Blizzard to do something without offering solutions or new ideas… then there you go, I’m giving possible ideas.

1 Like

If Centaurs can just :star: magically fly :star: then so should Orcs, Tauren, Humans, etc.
It’s a line I don’t personally want to cross.

The horse Dragon Riding animation does look good though.

4 Likes

Centaur aside (lol), the horse animations look awesome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But centaurs are half horses lol, that’s the justification

They don’t have hollow bones.

i…i don’t know

https://www.reddit.com/r/creepy/comments/d41ici/centaur_skeleton/

1 Like

I’m sure people who play centaurs wouldn’t immediately begin complaining that they can’t use all the mounts in their mount journal and have to use a special buff to fly and begin making demands that Blizzard retrofit the centaur skeleton to all of the mounts.

1 Like

I know you’re being ironic, but if Blizzard doesn’t make really different content because they’re stuck in these limits… we’ll never break out of the sameness.

Imagine always staying within the same variations of allied races - always variations of dwarves or other elves or other trolls or other… elves… or other taurens… or other elves… and more elves… or other trolls… or more dwarves… another different type of elves…

Being quadrupedal isn’t really new content. It doesn’t really change the content that you do, other than if you are a centaur or some taur-shaped race then you don’t get access to a lot of the rewards in the game, which are mounts. People love to collect mounts, even if they never use them.

People would definitely complain about this. People would definitely review bomb Blizzard products over this. WoW players are unhinged.

I really wouldn’t care. But there’s a lot of races that we can get to before adding quadrupeds. There’s dozens of different ways you can do furry races and make them look interesting and have interesting aspects to their designs as well.

Although I agree with you about wow players, once again, if Blizzard remains stuck in some aspect that limits it from doing something because some players MIGHT complain… then Blizzard will be quite limited.

Yes, indeed. You mention the other types of trolls or some variant of Tauren and we have the other races like the Jinyu, Vrykul, Sethrak, Mo’guls, Hozen, Gnolls, Ogres, Mok’nathal… I would also like these races to be added.

There are the Naga, for example, who would go through the same process as the Dracktyr… a humanoid form and a Naga form with some hidden equipment…

There were two quests, one where we played as a Naga, and one as a centaur, and both were magnificent.

Why do I advocate for centaurs to be an allied race? Because it would break a lot of the sameness we have in this ‘allied races’ aspect - we would have something really different.

But I don’t disagree with having the other races. However, I think Blizzard takes an enormous amount of time to make this kind of content. I don’t want to wait another 20 years to be able to access any of these races…

1 Like

But as a Centaur player I would feel crossed they couldnt use other mounts.

Indeed… that would happen if they created that race.

Blizzard needs to innovate, this would give a very interesting aspect to the game.

And to me, it seems more like you’re either trolls, wanting to frustrate the desires of others, or I don’t know, you don’t think that Blizzard could create innovative things.

If you stick with this kind of thinking, they’ll never implement anything new.

Or they’re mount collectors who expect a race in the game to act like every other one in the game and be able to ride mounts, especially given the wide variety of mounts. Its not really ‘innovation’ to just ignore a whole massive part of the game.

They’re not going to make a whole race that ignores mounts. My go-to solution personally is just, vanishing when mounting but having some sort of effect in place to represent you, such as turning into Ohn’ahra’s winds until you dis-mount. Allows you to mount, avoids the issue of having to animate a centaur trying to ride a dragon

1 Like

Personally I prefer non-stone Tol’vir since they are like Wemics from d&d. Less smelly.

So, Blizzard would never make a race that doesn’t use mounts because some players would get angry or upset about not being able to use mounts with those races? Where do they use mounts nowadays, just to be sure? With which races?

This doesn’t even make sense. Those who enjoy mounts can keep farming and using them on the races they have now. A new race like centaur or any other quadruped with “humanoid” intelligence would indeed be an innovation, a very different race and something quite unique, with a totally different concept.

As I said, if they remain stuck on these concepts, they will never innovate. They wouldn’t even bring something different because they’re afraid some players will complain about senseless things - “Oh, I can’t use the 600 mounts I have on the centaur” - come on, then use them on the other 35 characters you have… “Aaaaah, but I want to use them ON THE CENTAUR.” < You understand that this is pretty childish, right?

And because mounting things in quests is something that happens quite a lot, so you need to factor in that for compatability.

There’s countless quests where you’re shoved onto a horse, nightsaber, wolf, or Taivan (and given, y’know, Taivan’s popularity at the moment he’s a particular case). Or noted instance Ulduar. What, can these centaur you’ve come up with just, not do Flame Leviathan? I know bikes aren’t necessary in the fight any more, but that’s a mount

Its not really an innovation. You can just, act like a quadruped race at the moment by using your favourite ‘turn into an NPC’ spell on any centaur, magnataur, KotG or dryad. But uh, given how often mounts show up in questlines, given how we’re in Dragonflight where “Here is your dragon you ride” is such a massive part of the expansion? They’re not going to cut off what is basically a massive part of the game for a single race, especially when there’s so much compatability issues involved in it.

Turning the centaur invisible while you’re on a mount is as much as an innovation as this. Which is to say: Neither of these are innovations, they’re things the game system can do already

Folks switch mains all the time and need to, say, summon a Yak or Brutosaur in a raid to repair or pick up stuff from the AH. If one race just, can’t do that, I think, yeah, people absolutely would start complaining

“Turn the centaur into wind while riding a mount” alleivates all of the wierd side issues that your one can’t factor in and doesn’t need animation issues.

I like the idea. I’d love to see the complaining on the forums of people who want all the armor to somehow fit a centaur and mounts, too.

I also like the idea of having magical wing mounts so every race can fly.

Plus, it’s different, really different. I like different.

Do horses commonly fly?