CENSORSHIP IN CHAT? Really Blizz?

So I start a private conversation with a friend (BattleNet friend and guildie on my realm) who is on a diff realm PvPing with her buddy. During that convo I use a common colorful word. Mind you my mature chat filter is NOT on and the word is censored. I double check, filter deselected. Same in guild chat, gen chat, and on this forum. Maybe this doesn’t bother some of you, but I’m damned upset about it. Thoughts?

18 Likes

Maybe a glitch? You know, cause of small indie company.

7 Likes

I haven’t had this issue. My filters are turned off so I see everything. Maybe a bug?

7 Likes

oh no! my precious swear words!

31 Likes

Likely part of one of your addons, try resetting your UI and then try again.

9 Likes

Must be a pretty bad word if it’s censored outside the chat controls. I’m not bothered, it’s Blizzard’s platform to censor what they want.

8 Likes

Blizzard is supposed to know your intent? Some words are on the bad list because they belong there. If it’s really bad try using the same word on Facebook and see what their system does.

1 Like

The other term for butt.

1 Like

Badonkadonk?

27 Likes

More important issues in life over arguing about speech on a privately owned server by a corporation. They don’t want you to use that “colorful word.” Not a big deal. Use some intelligence and think up another word that fits your conversation.

4 Likes

They filtered Tuchus?

7 Likes

Don’t ask me how I know, but I’ve learned that the word generally associated with online adult entertainment is not allowed to be used on this forum.

Just because the mature language filter exists doesn’t mean Blizzard allows swearing. They don’t.

4 Likes

I’m very confident this is user error or a bug and not an implementation on Blizzard’s part.

4 Likes

LOL. I was in a private conversation and that particular word suited. It’s never been as issue in the 14 years I’ve played. It was surprising. I don’t use colorful language in public forums, but occasionally it simply fits the situation in a private chat with a friend. “Intelligence” has little to do it. A close friend hides her Mensa card and has an extraordinarily colorful vocabulary. Ok, I’m quite done since this seems to be heading in the direction of an ad hominem attack…

1 Like

Thank you to several responders suggesting perhaps an addon conflict. I’ll check it out.

1 Like

Is that how that is spelled?

The only word I couldn’t make work was the ‘N’ word. Every other colorful word worked. Including the other word for rear end.

You get system message stating it’s a ‘reserved’ word and is undeliverable.

I messaged myself to test to see if there was some sort of system block on colorful words.

I’ll have to try it out

If it’s spelled that way, It worked for me.