Censorship + ban penalties isn't the answer

If you have your iphone handy, ask her if she could fill out an application.

Dude that article is old

I see no downside to that

censor all the draenei.

I thought this was about in-game suspensions, not about forum suspensions?

The same robots people handle both.

1 Like

Blatantly untrue. None of the stuff removed helped the game to be more ‘inclusive’ at all. Nothing about the removed jokes and flirts were bad, nothing about the paintings that were replaced were bad. In fact it was just tone deaf to remove those things from the game when the issues were in real life.

4 Likes

No they don’t, lol. CMs hand out suspensions on the forums and GMs hand out game suspensions.

They come from the same bucket of robots people.

1 Like

To that I say “Stop breaking the rules, you little psychopaths.”

3 Likes

They’re two totally different teams, omg. CMs handle all of Blizzard’s forums while GMs specifically deal with the game.

They aren’t even remotely in the same department.

1 Like

sigh

:roll_eyes: I can’t believe I bit.

Well played.

Still cracks me up they turned that female painting into fruit, meanwhile in the Dalaran barbershop there’s a half naked Goblin pinup girl on the calendar right behind the barber chair.

Such a thinly veiled attempt at some good PR and overall I think it backfired

5 Likes

Now that you mention it, next patch notes “Replaced the Dalaran barbershop calendar with a painting of a fruit”.

1 Like

Wasn’t that painting done by one of the 'cosbey suite" people, so that’s the reason they removed that painting and not the other raunchy things?

2 Likes

Ah fresh “didnt do nuffin” content to kick off the upcoming weekend. Pretty weak content though.

Please get to the juicy details of what you supposedly didnt do and how specifically you were punished for not doing it

Yeah and it was the image of a female employee that was never asked permission.

1 Like

:ice_cube: :peach:

3 Likes

Toxicity isn’t the issue. Thin skin is.

Now days it is considered toxic to have a different opinion of someone else.

I wish Blizzard’s policy was simply this:

Don’t like foul language there is a bad word filter.
Don’t like what someone is saying then ignore them

Don’t follow these two steps then you are choosing to subject yourself to words that may offend you.

Being kicked from a group who cares, move onto the next one.

Personally when kicking someone or leaving a group I just say thanks for the group remove them or leave. If they choose to message me good or bad, I just ignore them and laugh on discord about how bad they were.

Instead what we get is a bunch of thin skinned people who the rest of the community has to pamper to out of fear of being suspended, squelched, or banned.

5 Likes

Accurate. People should feel reassured that the TOS will be upheld rather than feeling vulnerable from Blizz’s lack of action against toxicity. Changing pixels is neither here nor there.

4 Likes

So, you leave a group and someone who was ‘good’ messages you, so you drop them on ignore and go to Discord to laugh at how ‘bad’ they were? Okay.

My only question is, when you laugh do the voices laugh back?

3 Likes