Celestial Calf worth 1 million gold?

What do you guys think about this pet? Anyone here have it?
Is it worth even close to that?
Am considering hunting down the mad merchant, as i have 3 spectral tiger cubs and 4 ethereal soul traders along with almost every other tcg pet.
Thinking I should sell one or two for the calf before blizz decides to give away a spectral cub or ethereal soul trader tanking their values.

1 Like

I did a combo with it; grabbed Francois then the Calf to make it seem like I wasnā€™t exactly paying 1 mil for a pet xD The mental gymnastics made me feel slightly better about it.

3 Likes

I would say no.

Iā€™ve had it for a long time and canā€™t remember ever using it in a battle. Ever.

I suppose it could have some utility if you were going to use it in some sunny day team. But if you did you would be an evil person.

And other than pet collectors, I doubt most players know how expensive it is. So showing it off in Org wonā€™t really do much.

Iā€™d wait till it shows up in the trading post

You could ask, are any of the pets worth the gold they are?

I used 1mil gold on it when I was flush and making gold like crazy.

I donā€™t think I would do it today as I just donā€™t make much gold anymore and Iā€™m missing so many pets I would go for the most bang/buck concept.

If you have everything else, why not get it?

Are you sure itā€™s coming to the trading post or is that an assumption?

So far the Trading Post has only offered one new pet and another that was removed from the Blizzard Store not too long ago. So we have no idea whatā€™s coming.

I would like to have a Celestial Calf, but at current token prices 1 mil gold could get you six months of game time or a $90 credit at the Store. Think Iā€™ll continue to pass on it.

1 Like

IMO thatā€™s subjective. Only the person spending the gold can decide if itā€™s worth it.

For me, yup, was worth spending the gold (ngl it did initially hurt seeing my funds drain like that, but gold can be re-earned, I donā€™t regret my purchase). Iā€™m 100% a collector though, and Iā€™m aiming for at least 1 of every pet. If I was 100% a battler, Iā€™d probably pass on the Celestial Calf since the gold would probably be better spent on other battle pets more useful in battling.

1 Like

We for sure have 8 more new pets coming at some point. What we donā€™t know are what pets that have been ā€˜retiredā€™ will show up on The Trading Post and/or as Twitch Drops.

Bought a calf back in Legion. Used it too.
Hard counters Durian Strongfruit in Valā€™sharah, can solo him.

The TCG pets (Namely the oldest and most expensive ones) are definitely worth what they cost if not more due to scarcity and coolness factor alone.

The rest, yeah currently not so much until blizz puts more pet battle content out (assuming they actually ever do)

Some of the cooler TCGs being on the BMAH and then not really going for much because people donā€™t check it like they used to, or donā€™t know the value or the fact that these things just never sell.

I bought a TCG off the BMAH hoping to sell it cause I got it ā€œcheapā€ and that rocket chicken has not sold in like 2 monthsā€¦

My issue with em is that the two most expensive in the game, the soul trader and spectral tiger, are not even good at battling. Like youā€™d think paying anywhere between 500k-1M gold for a battle pet would constitute a pretty busted pet (Though i guess itā€™s the same story with the calf) But no, the only one that i would realistically use in pvp is my legionaire murloc from the blizzcon ticket. Even post nerf that its still really good.

I think it took me 6ish? to sell mine, with constant reposting. Part of it is that whole perceived value thing. The data claims itā€™s worth 1 amount. No one is really willing to pay those amounts anymore.

These rare ones, while not being the most practical pets in the game (I think at least one of them was useful in some battles some time ago, maybe?), they sure are purty. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes, either you do like some super-flippers in eu (and likely thereā€™s some in us too), where example theyā€™re selling rocket chickens for 500k on every single realm (which means they have at least 92 rocket chickens at once, 1 single person), and in that case sooner or later you get lucky with a serious collector who wants it, Iā€™ve seen one sell on ahnā€™qiraj for 500k, which is a realm where I havenā€™t even been able to sell it for 2\3 of that, or also any other tcg pet I tried, or else you do like me and try for much lower, around minimum region price, 295k in the case of the rocket chicken and sometimes they sell, sometimes even at the first attempt, but thereā€™s ofc much less profit, on the other hand Iā€™m not really comfortable holding 100 of the same pet, thatā€™s a lot of gold that they keep up, especially with the risk they might be given away, hence reducing their value.

A good thing of trying for lower prices though is that there are sometimes flippers who buy them to sell for more, if you try for 500k for a rocket chicken in eu thereā€™s no way someone buys yours to flip, considering every realm has at least one at 500k, if not less.