CE guilds recruitment for Resto Druids

I was logged in to my Warcraft Logs account and noticed the recruitment section on my profile page. My main spec is and has been for years Resto Druid, regardless of how well it’s performing because I enjoy it. (I’m pretty good at the spec and 5/10 M, but probably not skilled enough to be on a CE team.)

Anyway I was under the impression that Rdruids are rarely sought after by CE guilds since other Druids bring the same utility and we just pump out numbers. For the lulz, I decided to search for CE guilds looking for an Rdruid, and I was surprised at how many have Rdruid listed as High for recruitment. I checked to see how many of them currently have an Rdruid, and about 7 of 10 teams have none at all, which wasn’t surprising. I had honestly expected to see a bunch of Low recruitment flags, not High.

Why all of a sudden do many CE guilds want one? Is it a “just in case they get good we should probably have one on the bench and we’ll bring them in for farm bosses to be nice” kind of thing, or are Rdruids actually going to participate more in CE progression in the future?

It’s a “we need healers and we don’t care what spec they are” thing. For most CE guilds healer spec basically doesn’t matter as long as you’re not over-stacking one spec.

only top 100 guilds really “care”
im sure a lot of others think they care, but they are just lemmings doing what max does because meta
there’s probably even a decent number in the 50-100 as well tbh. it’s not that big of a deal.

1 Like

A lot of CE guilds considered holy paladins, disc priests and resto shamans not just for their utility, but more importantly, their damage. If resto druids did the same then I’d think they would be much more wanted.

Come 9.2 you could run the celestial Spirits leggo and Oath of the Elder Druid to pump out big numbers every minute (using whatever dps related Affinity is best at the time). That’s only in the case you’re comfortable healing without a healer leggo. That’s my theory anyway, I think it’ll blast.

2 Likes