[CC-SoE Summer Festival RP Event] – Fishing Contest!

The days are long, the sun hot, and adventurers of all types journey forth to explore the world. Seek then the ice-cold waters and cooler climes of the Grizzly Hills for fishing unlike any other! Join your fishing fellows on the shore of Lake Ashwood, and reel in the most challenge fish to claim the honor of the day!

For the best angler of the contest, our shu’halo cousins in the north offer a prize magnetaur tusk, finely carved!

What: Reel fine fishing, and a short contest, open to all!
Warmode: OFF
Where: The southern shore of Lake Ashwood, Grizzly Hills (South of Camp Oneqwah)
When: Friday, June 5, 2020 at 5pm PST
Contact: (H) Eahuna-SistersofElune, (A) Adlanna-CenarionCircle

Interested in the contest? Sign up on the thread below, and we look forward to seeing you there. Let us know too if you might need to join our raid group for CRZ, or if you might need help traveling to the location. A few further rules will be explained at the event.

Our fishing night is but one of many rp events hosted by the community of Cenarion Circle- Sisters of Elune during the Summer Festival (June 1 – June 11, 2020). Come check it out! [RP Event] Summer Festival: Come join us on Cenarion-Circle/Sisters-of-Elune!

1. Yotingo-CenarionCircle
1 Like

((For a moment, I read that like the Tolkien poem. “The leaves are long, the grass is green, the hemlock-umbels tall and fair…”))

Sign me up, mon! I just want to be knowin’, though: is it okay ta fish by throwin’ dynamite inta the water? …askin’ for a friend.

1 Like

Why thank you, you know I do love poetry. Main when someone else writes it, but a nice cadence is always a pleasure to hear.

Only if I can set up my nets nearby. You can fish anyway you fish! Lake Ashwood is a fine big lake, and there will doubtless be space for us all. Not even icebreaking required this time of year either, or so I’m told by our shu’halo cousins.

2 Likes

((Posting as Ea’huna, but on another character because the forums won’t let me reply to, well, me!))

Whew, what a contest!

Before I post results, here was the equivalency table we used to make what can be fished up from the lake equal to our invented challenge fish–the Ashwood Bass.

1 Fangtooth Frenzy = 1 Ashwood Bass
2 Bonescale Snappers = 1 Ashwood Bass
3 Pygmy Suckerfish = 1 Ashwood Bass
4 Glacial Salmon = 1 Ashwood Bass
4 of any Cobalt Ore, Crystallized Water, Borean Leather Scraps, and Frostweave Cloth = 1 Ashwood Bass

And our furiously fishing contestant’s results were…

6th. Swizelle (CC) with 14
5th. Yonoko (Thor.Bro.) and Furen (CC) with 22 each
4th. Loshing (SoE) with 31
3rd. Thorgora (SoE) with 34
2nd. Mira (CC) with 38
1st. Luci (CC) with 41!

Luci recieved a giant scrimshawed magnetaur tusk, gift of the Onqewah Taunka! …which they are currently wearing on their head?

Thank you to all the participants, both the familiar faces and the new ones we hope to meet again-and soon! And thank you to my fellow organizers Mingonashoba (CC) and Adlanna (CC), who counted like crazy while everyone fished like crazy! You made this possible.

2 Likes

That was some ferociously fast and furious fishing from our cavalcade of crafty contest contenders! :rofl:

Thank you to all who came out to watch and compete!

2 Likes