Catalyst Upgrade Restrictions

Forgive me if there’s already a topic on this. I tried looking but couldn’t find one.

So I was under the impression you could turn gear drops that you’d get from doing activities like world bosses, ilevel 480+ gear from the caches you’d get from doing like the Tuskarr feast thingy and all the other activites, I thought we would be able to turn these pieces of gear we’d get into tier gear? Isn’t that totally what was announced with this patch a couple months ago? So far I’ve gotten 3 pieces of gear I’m not able to turn into tier on a few different characters. Like wtf.

4 Likes

I havent been playing S4 but i think you need a charge to use the catalyst

1 Like

We have a charge. It’s just that you can’t convert overworld weekly quest items. M+ items work, raid items work, and I’m going to presume rated PVP items work too.

We got one charge with week one. I was able to upgrade legs on my mage from a drop I got from LFR but I haven’t been able to upgrade any other pieces that I’ve gotten on other toons.

I think it might be one per account ?

Are you sure M+ items are able to be upgraded?

Yup. I got a belt last night, opened the catalyst and I was able to choose it for conversion. I didn’t convert it, but when I chose the item, the charge showed up and it was waiting for me to push the button.

Imgur

1 Like

Apparently anything from the TW Black Temple reward cache can’t be converted in the catalyst either. That’s a shame and, quite frankly, a wasted effort.

1 Like

its the antithesis of their philosophy they’ve touted for the last year

3 Likes

This has always been the case IIRC

1 Like

dreamsurge box that awards 489 purps also cant be catalysted.

1 Like

Yeah, I believe you’re correct, but I still stand by my opinion. :sweat_smile:

Overworld stuff :wink:

but the stuff was able to be catalyst season 3

why the switch up now, on a pseudo season

4 Likes

Especially in a season where we can just buy things like Nel’tharax from a vendor.

It also was not till season 3/season 3 items that you could catalyze such, so since it is season 1 stuff that is awakened now…

i got mythic ashkandur for 1 LFR bullion lol

World bosses: yes, Soup/hunts/dragonbane keep no.

From what we can tell, the catalyst works on an itemID whitelist, so only specific sources of gear can be catalyzed. The only source of PvE world gear that could be catalyzed was the primal storms epics, and that does not appear to have changed.

so i gotta wait for next week to catalyst dreamsurge

but the gear you can buy can be awaken tier from the dream surge