Catalyst Failed (can a moderator lock this ****)

Yea that’s what I am saying, it said it would have the bonuses, I know because I compared all of my items for twenty minutes

edit: literally everything I do EVER, I do like this BECAUSE I have dyslexia and I know I can misread things. This is why I spend nearly half an hour making sure it is correct lol

It sure was. Because your tier pieces clearly tell you which slots carry the bonus.

No it didn’t. Your boots did NOT look like this:

Your boots looked like this:

3 Likes

For the 60’th time, no it did not look like this. It was a UI bug that caused a 150hr setback

I highly doubt this. And again… YOUR CURRENT TIER PIECES TELL YOU EXACTLY WHICH PIECES CARRY THE SET BONUS. Nowhere on your current tier pieces are “boots” listed. Nowhere.

5 Likes

It does not matter when we are talking about something in-game that turns items that ARE NOT TIER PIECE ITEMS BEFORE into tier piece items, that is the entire concept of the mechanic.

I want to reiterate something, I am not mad because the UI bugged, I am mad that it is such a simple bug that caused a 150 hour setback. 150 hours.

one-hundred fifty h o u r s

edit; i’d have rather spent my 700k gold than lost 150 hours

I knew this was gonna happen with someone, and its happening to many. Yet these same people come to forums and somehow missed the page and post talking about this :joy: this is why we need signs IRL to keep people informed since common sense sometimes seems lacked.

4 Likes

It absolutely matters.

Your
Tier
Tells
You
Which
Slots
Count
Towards
The
Bonus

You had two pieces already. You KNEW the bonus was limited to those slots. The blue post told you it was limited to those slots. Icy Veins told you it was limited to those slots. Wowhead told you it was limited to those slots. Videos told you it was limited to those slots.

You chose to ignore class guides, blue posts and your own tier pieces.

2 Likes

Im sorry but Thallia is right. If you have a piece of tier (set bonus) gear on, if you mouse over it, it will show you what the other items in the set are. Whatever else might be fiddly or misunderstood or wrong, that is a very clear list of what can be converted to complete your set.

Im not sure what happened to you but as frustrated as you are, I can only say that next week you can create one for yourself, and I hope it all goes well for you.

4 Likes

Yea dude people should exit the game in order to know something about the game. That’s really good game design, a bug in the game should cause a 150hr setback because someone didn’t exit the entire game and then go on the FORUMS to find out something that seemed obvious

obvious because the game straight up said it would become a tier item.

People seem to be misunderstanding what I’m trying to say, I am not saying that what you guys are saying is wrong - I’ve even said that I understand what it looks like. I’m saying that the game said it would make the tier piece and it didn’t (obviously a UI glitch) and I am annoyed purely because of the INSANE setback and nothing else

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if they came along in the next few days and allowed people to refund a single piece to regain a charge, but honestly…

Their official announcement says which items will offer the bonus. The set bonuses themselves say which items count towards it. And the Catalyst gives you a 5 second “are you sure” window before you can actually confirm spending a charge. Take some personal responsibility for the mistake. Please.

2 Likes

It DOES become a tier item. Its just that not all of them become a tier (bonus set) item. Some people will convert all the slots in order to get the set appearance. Its just that not all of them are part of the bonus set.

5 Likes

huh? there is no 6 day wait to get a new item its instant and it was only released today, are you sure you know what you are upset about?

Yea I get that but when I made the item, it showed the bonuses of the tier items and the list, so I just assumed that it would make it lol

You knew better than to put boots in there to begin with.

You purposely ignored what slots have the set bonus.

1 Like

It literally shows you the item it will become and you can mouse over it to see if it has the set bonus or not. lol

Why would I purposefully make myself wait 6 days

for the 70’th time I know what it looks like

in vanilla they were, tier was 9 pieces including 1 ring.

1 Like

You’re at the live and learn point, even if it was due to a UI bug.

Blizz will not refund, and you now know not to use CC on feet slots. Use this knowledge next reset.

1 Like

Why would you put boots in there fully aware and knowing that ONLY HELM, SHOULDERS, CHEST, GLOVES AND PANTS carry the set bonus???

1 Like

Then you simply made a mistake and this thread is pointless. lol

2 Likes